Thread: how to control your mac from your iphone via the internet

how to control your mac from your iphone via the internet

There is an iphone app named as Remote tap that covers your mac from your iphone from any location wherever you are running with your phone.

One more, there is FARFINDER that uses a browser to get access on the files stored on your mac from any other machine possibly a PC. So, this is the only method to perform through the third party applications ? Apple does not contain or will not provide us the capability to perform such type of task "out of the box" ???

Re: how to control your mac from your iphone via the internet

There is some simple stuff that you have to follow this and you can get access on your mac using your iPhone and that would be as follows :

System Preferences => Sharing => Enable Remote Management => Computer Settings => "VNC Viewers may control screen with password".

Now, move to your router and configure your incoming port 5900 for your mac. and one thing more, you have to just install one of the free VNC applications for your iPhone. And then configure it up a free dyndns.org DNS account according to your IP home IP address. You can work with the iPhone app with suggested setup'd dyndns domain.

If you desired to spend some money that may ba at $30, the better and simplest application for this task and suggested as LogMeIn Ignition.

One the fine and proper functional software known as LogMeIn Ignition that provides you the direct, one-click access to your entire LogMeIn machines . You need not come up with a browser or remember more than one passwords for such type of task. You have to just install the LogMeIn Ignition on your iPhone or iPad, and have it with you on a USB drive, or install it on your desktop or laptop. LogMeIn Ignition facilitates protected remote access to your machines from any type of location using Internet connection.

Thanks Thomas and I appreciate your help but I need to ask something. You have discussed that you to set dyndns.org account but why it is necessary to do. Please take a look on this video and it is related to REMOTE TAP ? how does that app performs ? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XA3DrpGLesk

And chroma, you also suggested and introduced to me about some new tools. But the issue it that its not applicable and compatible for apple or even sold by apple..

Apple depends on third-party developers to create applications such as. For what you are searching for, LogMeIn is the popular and industry standard for remote desktop connections in the word wide environment . Apple has approved this very application for distribution on the Apple Store, just as they provide more and more closest to 100,000+ software's available in download section.

You might need to trust their judgment, since third-party applications are as good as one of the largest product that separate the iPhone from different devices.

Just like methan, I am also searching for an application or any suggested
    method through which I can be able to browse the files /music/movies in my mac. And that is upon my wifi connection, then to download this into my iphone to listen and watch it properly .

Do you all are aware about such type of app or method for doing so? I am not
    searching for remote desktop strategy as you already described ...

Remote tap is not any good in the frame rate section. You have to just as well give up your hope of watching video upon the remote desktop connection. And this is the fact that you will never get the frequent connection on your phone for such type of task.

When I connect upon 3G to my home based Macbook Pro connected up to the internet through 10Mbps cable modem, this is a very slow response in browsing application in action and watching windows refresh. There is no method, video would ever be able to watch.And it is fact for every VNC application that I always used on any platform on the internet. The purpose of remote desktop application is not for watching videos and all.