Thread: Oxford English Dictionary for OS X?

Oxford English Dictionary for OS X?

I am looking an Oxford English Dictionary for my desktop computer. I am using an Apple desktop computer which is installed with Macintosh operating system. I have tried to search Oxford English Dictionary but I am not able find it. Please suggest a good dictionary for my system. Thanks in advance.

Re: Oxford English Dictionary for OS X?

Oxford English Dictionary
    This dictionary is the mother of all dictionaries, the Oxford dictionary is now available for Mac operating system. This 4 version CD has the complete text of the OED of the 2nd edition, plus additional volumes, complete text search, alternatives to customize the entry display, and a diversity of ways to display the consequences.

Your Mac OS also comes with a versatile Mac 101 Dictionary application. It also includes to other reference libraries such as thesaurus, Apple glossary, and Wikipedia. With it, you can find definitions, learn of the word's origin, find synonyms and antonyms, or get encyclopedic knowledge about any subject. Here's how to use Dictionary.

My friend is using a Mac operating system and has installed a Ruby dictionary in his system. He said through Rails API documentation within Mac OS X dictionary you encompass system extensive access to it. You can download this dictionary from its official web site. This dictionary is helps by providing a large numbers of word’s meaning.

I have installed a Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary on my Mac operating system. Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary is more easy to use as compared to any other dictionary. Clear definitions and important guide words assist you locate the meaning you wish for rapidly and easily. Hundreds of fresh words make sure your English is up to date.

Mac Dictionary Kit is a gathering of application to assist convert and build dictionaries on Mac OS X platform. The foundation dictionary may be in any format, however we only support stardict format at current. The target dictionary has to be Dictionary 2.0 format defined in Mac operating system.