Thread: Transmit FTP vs Flow FTP

Transmit FTP vs Flow FTP

Hello,
    I use the mac os x, I have created a ftp file server on my computer and I would like to know what is the good ftp client. I have heard of two clients transmit FTP and Flow FTP. Now my problem is that which is good than the other. I want to use a good powerful ftp client. So, if you can give some more information on both the ftp clients it would be great. Thank you for your help.

Re: Transmit FTP vs Flow FTP

Flow FTP software
    It is quite nice this new FTP software. Flow, it is called, incorporates the main features found in its competitors: supports FTP, SFTP, Amazon S3, WebDAV, direct access to the iDisk or to a local server. Its interface is elegant, a single window: right list of remote files and folders; left: the contents of local disk. Flow provides a glimpse at the Quick Look file selected (space bar, again). It allows you to edit directly online. I think you should go with this client.

The Mac OS FTPclient Transmit is probably one of the clearest FTP-client for Mac OS with some interesting features. On the left half of the program you will find the local file explorer with folders and files on your hard drive. For the right half you can between "Favorites"and"Connect"is selected. Under "favorites"you'll get a list of saved you from the server. About the "+" under the list you can add a new server. When adding new server you will for a short name for the connection to the server address, the username and password required. You can continue to an alternate port desired protocol or a remote path set that.

Hi,
    I like the Flow FTP interface, the program is very nice and works well. Indeed, nowhere in the program, it is possible, easily, view the contents of your local computer and can drag and upload files! How does it work then? Well, you must have a Finder window open to the side and drag the file from the finder window ... an absolute nonsense and a waste of clicks absolutely incredible! Not to mention the windows management resulting.

Flow FTP is young, very young. It's a safe bet that Brian takes advantage of user feedback to adapt future versions but I am very disappointed with my overall impression of this program yet qualities than its competitors but did not file management proposed by Flow is absolutely ... ineffective. for people who do something else that sending one or two files on a public FTP. For them, Transmit is an absolute must.

You are accustomed sid on the remote server through folder browsing as well. A very elegant feature of Transmit is the preview function of the small FTPclient. In the single click of your files will get right next to the program window information about the selected file. Select your image as a file server in the Explorer, so you will get the file name and file size, a thumb of the selected image.

You are accustomed sid on the remote server through folder browsing as well. A very elegant feature of Transmit is the preview function of the small FTPclient. In the single click of your files will get right next to the program window information about the selected file. Select your image as a file server in the Explorer, so you will get the file name and file size, a thumb of the selected image.

Flow FTP
    Quicklook, quicklook and still Quicklook. I do not know you, but this function is by far my favorite among the new features of Leopard. Flow seamlessly integrates this feature which makes the preview of files to download an unusually effective (unlike Transmit who, for once, offers a less convenient). He even provided a state of preloading the file before starting the quicklook.