Thread: Content Control "Wizard"

Content Control "Wizard"

Hi, I have some templates for Word which use bookmarks to place the information obtained in a Text box that pops up when a new document is selected from this template. Because bookmarks are use, it is prone to problems when users change the information directly which 9 times out of ten deletes the bookmark causes irreparable damage to the document.

Because of this i am trying to use content controls to hold the information, only trouble is i dont know if/how a method is out there to produce the same entry mechanism as the old VBA model gave me,

So does anyone know how to create a input wizard which will initially enter the document information

Regards

Richard

Re: Content Control "Wizard"

I know about some tools that my friend used to test, it was called EasyConverter v5.01. With it, the user can revisit the document they inputted into EasyConverter (the project document), and reconvert it into additional alternative formats. It also incorporates an all new step-by-step wizard approach to ensure that creating alternative formats is as simple and hassle-free as possible. You can download it via searching easily.

Hi E,

I've looked at their site and i dont think its quite up my alley,

When i open an existing Template, the autonew function in VBA runs and produces a large box in which are a dozen text fields to enter. once some/all have been entered the user selects ok and the information entered is distributed into the document using Bookmarks. It is the bookmarks i want to get rid of. I still require a pop up box at start which i can enter the reqd information but places the into the document using Content Control.

Hope that explains things a bit. Beginning to think something does not exist or i'll have to use VBA script but allocate the data to CC instead of Bookmarks if thats possible

rich

I think that you will need to get a custom script or a software that can handle the ouput of your demands. Even I am clueless how to gather such things and organize it into one working tool. If you know one then please let me know as well.

Hi James, i've had a chat with a software dev friend of mine, and it looks like the best (and only) way is using VSTO (Visual Studio Tools for Office) . i thought you could design a input box in VBA - pretty simple, but in the old way you had the bookmarks defined, but with loads of Content Controls, there is no way to identify the CC. But VSTO can...I think we all know where this is heading..no VBA in Office 2012....

rich