Thread: SEP 11.0 server not updating

SEP 11.0 server not updating

Hi,

I have installed symantec 11.0 edition in same WSUS box. I pushed to all the clients and its worked perfectly for me also all the systems are getting definitions also. After a weak in the "Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager Console" its showing that the Virus definitions on the client is out of date. But when i checked in the clients definitions are up to date. So basically in the "Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager Console" clients status is not gettinig updated.

Please some one help me how to fix this issue.

Thanks,

Re: SEP 11.0 server not updating

Try to clean Virus Definitions folders and republish Live Update Product Inventory on Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager:

1. Delete the content of folder "c:\documents and settings\All users\Application Data\Symantec\LiveUpdate\Downloads\"
    Note: Application Data is a hidden folder. Delete the content of the Downloads folder, but not the folder itself.

2. Update the LiveUpdate catalog by opening the following link in Internet Explorer:
    http://localhost:9090/servlet/Consol...ishLuInventory
    After few seconds you will get a confirmation message "Responsecode="0".

3. Stop the services "Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager" and "Symantec Endpoint Protection"
    To stop the services:
    Go to Start > Run.
    Type the following: Services.msc
    Select and stop the above mentioned services.

4. Delete the numbered or TMP folders inside the paths:
    %programfiles%\symantec\symantec endpoint protection manager\inetpub\content\{1CD85...
    %programfiles%\symantec\symantec endpoint protection manager\inetpub\content\{C60DC...
    %programfiles%\common files\Symantec Shared\SymcData\sesmvirdef32
    %programfiles%\common files\Symantec Shared\SymcData\sesmvirdef64
    %programfiles%\common files\Symantec Shared\VirusDefs

5. Launch the process LUALL.EXE from %programfiles%\Symantec\LiveUpdate (May be requested to click on "START")
    (LiveUpdate should run for some minutes (5-10 min), if some error messages are displayed, exit and launch again LUALL.exe)

6. Restart both Symantec Endpoint Protection services when LiveUpdate is complete.

7. Verify the numbered folders of virus definitions are created in the following paths:
    (There might be just 2-3 folders in the beginning, but the default number is 10 folders)
    %programfiles%\symantec\symantec endpoint protection manager\inetpub\content\{1CD85...
    %programfiles%\symantec\symantec endpoint protection manager\inetpub\content\{C60DC...

8. Log on to Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager Console and launch a LiveUpdate from Admin > Server > Local Site > Download LiveUpdate content.

More information here.

Hi EINSTEIN_007,

Thanks for your quick reply.

As i mentioned in earlier post, client and server both are updating perfectly. My problem is Updated status of the client is not showing in the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager Console. In the server console still it is showing that clients Virus definitions is out of date. Means clients are not able to contact server and update status.

Thanks

If you have trouble with the client and the server communication, you should first check to make sure that there are no network problems. You can test the communication between the client and the management server in several ways.

More information here.