Thread: Outlook - pst file subfolder problem

Outlook - pst file subfolder problem

Hello,
    I created a pst file for archiving messages, but I noticed that did not create subfolders reception box, outbox sent items and it shows me only the subfolder element deleted. For info, my account discount in exchange. Any help regarding this topic is appreciated. Thank you for your help.

Re: Outlook - pst file subfolder problem

Hi,
    This is normal, this directory is not created by default. You just right click on your archive folder and create a new folder that you call inbox. You could also recreate the sub directory in your inbox. I hope this works for you, because this is what I do. I do not understand what I mean by manage my account as a pst exchange. What exactly are your trying to configure. More details are appreciated.

In our box, the admin has defined size (20 MB max that is normal not to saturate Exchange) for Exchange box then it must not exceed this size outlook wonder if the old archer moved successfully. To solve this problem of size, must either create a pst file, or AutoArchive, choose to create a pst file so I created one but the problem is not all there myself out subfolders. This should work for your just give it a try.

Hi,
    I understand. It has the same problem in the disk. Unless we limit it to 50MB. In fact as I said in my first post, if you want to recreate your tree in your mailbox (to recreate all your folders in your PST), you have to recreated all your files by making a Right click on your archive box then new folder. If you have 20 sub folders in your mailbox (mailbox), you must re-create 20 files in your archive box if you need all your files. You can then store as you see fit. I guess this is what you mean to say.

I have a problem with PST files. Due to the migration of IMAP mail server, I have some problems on a client: Some mail folders in local folders have disappeared. I searched all PST I found in Documents & Settings folder of all users (yes, the field has also been migrated, then, new user), I have them all copied to the profile directory of the current user , and I imported with Outlook. But no recurrence of these files. The ideal solution would be to leave everything on the IMAP server (no problem if client problem). any information on this will help me.

I do not understand your problem. What do you call the local folders? These are data files (also known as archive folder)? What is that mailbox? Try to be a little more explicit STP and you should create a new topic, it would be easier to follow.

Mailbox and Maildir are two different ways of Stoker messages to an IMAP server, but it is not so much worry. It just explains why during the server migration, we could not transfer messages to everyone in the new server. What I call the local folders, this is what Outlook calls like that. Be aware that IMAP, the emails remain on the server and are downloaded to the PC client to view them, unlike POP, which downloads them as soon as he sees the server and deletes them. Outlook stores therefore, POP, its malls in the "local folder" or something like that (I know, I use no outlook). In IMAP, you have a folder for each IMAP account, with, inside, all that is on the server, a simple view, nothing is recorded locally. Unfortunately, some users copy their emails locally in the famous "local folder", which is none other than the PST. And that's where I have a concern: issues within this box, have disappeared.