Thread: VMware server wont restart

VMware server wont restart

(I am not sure if this the correct forum for this problem)

I am running two VM’s inside my Windows 7 box – an Windows xp and a Windows server 2003. I just spent some time – and quite a bit of my usage allocation - setting up a WSUS on the server and it went fine and has synchronised etc – but now it wont restart. I just get a grey screen and if I ask it to restart I get a message to wait as the machine is attempting to restart –but this been going on for quite awhile so its obviously it frozen. If I click on the ctl-alt-del button nothing happens. I think I recall ‘My computer’ going into 'not responding' mode and after that my attempts to fix it seem to have led to this frozen state.

I have rebooted the win7 box and restarted the VM service – but neither has made a difference and the xpVM is still going fine.

Thanks
    B11

Re: VMware server wont restart

There can be many reason behind this problem. It is possible that your VMware spftware or any of the virtual Windows XP or the Windows Server 2003 might have got corrupted because of some reason like virus attack, and that is why they are not functioning properly in your Windows 7 OS running PC. There can also be a possibility that your system might not be having enough resource to run these many VMware software. Either you have less storage capacity or less Physical memory (RAM) or other running processes are eating up most of your resources, thus causing the VMware software to freeze or hang sometimes. I would suggest you to first check whether you meet the recommended system requirements to install a VMware software in your system. Delete all the unnecessary processes running in your system. You can do that by going to the task manager.