Thread: IES lights in AR3

IES lights in AR3

I am not much familiar with the IES lights in AR3. Well I used a plane with a circular gradient in it in front of the light but creating that was simple. But I am not able to proceed since I am not having any knowledge about the IES Lights. I am hoping that some of you members will help me in solving my problem as early as possible.!!

Re: IES lights in AR3

If adjusting your IES with the data base you have nothing in your record that you have a rendering problem. Let your scales are not accurate or your module to global illumination is set incorrectly. To you to see but the idea is not to change the intensity of your light fixture. IES stands for Illuminating Engineering Society. Was IES standard file format created for the electronic transfer of Photometric data over the web. In 3d software like 3ds max it Can be used with lights for Creating Physically Accurate shapes and form.
    -Whats the use of your old clothes if you won't give it to those who are poor?
    -Whats the use of your cooking skill if you won't cook for those who are hungy?
    -Whats the use of YOU if you won't help those in need

I would like to say that VRAY 1.5 SP2 now brings a vraylight IES is much easier to use and allows you to upload files. I do not use them but I have understood that the ways to load the files is going to create Lights tab, choose the type Photometric and type of light (Linear, Point, area) and then in the shade of Intensity / Color / choose Distribution: Distribution - WEB.

Understanding Photometric Lights is very important in an animation or making the 3D movies. Photometric lights are one of the most convenient way of simulating lights for real world lighting and photo realistic visualization. In physical Terms, the word Photometry Measurement Means Terms of light energy of interactions. Consists of light energy photons Called packets. These photons interact with surfaces Which Absorb or radiate out the same. Photometric lights follow the inverse square rule ie light intensity attenuation Decreases in proportion to the square of the distance from the source light.

The Photometric lights are available in max target point, free point, target linear, linear free, target area, free area, IES sun and sky. All of These are pretty self-explanatory. In max There are 4 Photometric light distribution strategies :
    • Isotropic-In this method, the light percolates and spreads in all directions.
    • Spotlight-simulated beam of light to Focus.
    • This Web-Allows the user to use web files created by light manufacturers (IES map files).
    • Diffuse-This Distributes light from a surface with the Greatest intensity at right angle to the surface.