Thread: Intel Turbo Boost gadget for Windows

Intel Turbo Boost gadget for Windows

Hi, am sorry if am posting this thread in wrong section. FYI i am a Windows 7 user. Now, somewhere i heard about Intel Turbo Boost gadget for Windows that is called something as Turbo Boost Monitor, not sure about the name. As it is related to Intel Turbo Boost, i found it interesting and need some more info about the same. Could you guys help me out for the same ??

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks .

Re: Intel Turbo Boost gadget for Windows

Quote Originally Posted by Aashirya View Post
    i heard about Intel Turbo Boost gadget for Windows that is called something as Turbo Boost Monitor, not sure about the name. As it is related to Intel Turbo Boost, i found it interesting and need some more info about the same.
    That gadget is know as Intel Turbo Boost Technology Monitor and it is a tool that allows you to change the frequency of your processor. The software comes as a Windows toolbar. It will tell you when applications require a greater frequency of the processor and can then modify to increase performance of your computer. The application supports Intel Core i5 and i7.

Intel Turbo Boost Technology Monitor is a Windows Sidebar gadget that provides a simple display of the increased frequency of the processor when the application request and that the Intel Turbo Boost Technology provides more performance.

Supported Processors:
    • Intel Core i5 processor
    • Intel Core i7 processor
    • Intel Core i7 processor extreme edition
    • Intel Core i5 mobile processor
    • Intel Core i7 mobile processor
    • Intel Core i7 mobile processor extreme edition

And supported operating systems are Microsoft Windows Vista 32bit & 64-bit editions with Service Pack 1 & 2. Microsoft Windows 7 32bit & 64bit editions.

It is is one of many exciting new features that Intel has incorporated next-generation Intel microarchitecture (code named Nehalem). It is activated When the Operating System requests the Highest processor performance state. The maximum frequency of Intel Turbo Boost Technology is dependent on the number of active cores. The amount of time the processor spends in the Intel Turbo Boost Technology state depends on the workload and Operating Environment, the performance Providing You Need, When and Where You Need It.

Intel Turbo Boost control application is a Microsoft Windows gadget box provides a simple presentation of an increase in frequency of the processor when Intel Turbo Boost technology is active.

The blue bar at the Intel Turbo Boost Technology Monitor shows the increase in frequency as Intel Turbo Boost technology is active. The bar rises and increases the operating frequency 133 MHz in increments until it reaches the maximum frequency specified for the processor model or the thermal margin is reached.

Do not expect too much, however, like to tell you the frequency of each core, with only one gauge is proposed, and that it would merely provide you with the frequency of the core clocked the highest. If you are interested you can down it from here.

"The utility is designed to display the processor frequency increases above the base frequency of the processor. If the bar does not move, it means that the processor is working at or below the specified frequency and additional frequency has not been requested from the operating system.

If this state happens and you are sure your processor supports Intel Turbo Boost technology, check the BIOS and ensure that the Turbo Boost feature is enabled. Another thing to check is that the system has undergone integration because Intel Turbo Boost thermal technology requires more space to be available to activate."