Thread: NvRaid and windows 7

NvRaid and windows 7

I have messed about with raid before on vista and it always told me that there were a some invalid i/o requests and the disc had been reconfigured, so I never stuck with this.

I have made a raid with nvraid within windows 7 and so far I am not looking any of the bugs that I saw in vistas event viewer. Could it be they have finally filtered out their drivers or they are using a way to hide the bugs from windows? So far it has not displayed any bugs, 50% more to go.

nvraid Raid 5 Issues

Hey, when I try to install to an nvraid raid 5 with build 7077 on the first attempt of installation , there is a large red flashing message about an error on the raid and then the install disk continues at the beginning again. Does this seems like a raid or windows 7 problem ? Is there a solution for this or experienced with this issue ?

nvraid Raid 5 Issues

Quote Originally Posted by spuff View Post
    Hey, when I try to install to an nvraid raid 5 with build 7077 on the first attempt of installation , there is a large red flashing message about an error on the raid and then the install disk continues at the beginning again. Does this seems like a raid or windows 7 problem ? Is there a solution for this or experienced with this issue ?
    By "after the first reboot", you meant the first time setup reboots (just after file copy and unzipped) ? If it is that, you must work with the floppy again or you will need to take a BSOD. (You don't requires to restart setup, the BSOD didn't damage anything as you are thinking)

NvRaid and windows 7

Yeah you are right, first attempt of rebooting. Just after file copy and extract.
    It is not a BSOD, it is something such as 'black screen of die'. You need to use of a floppy for booting does not influence result.

According to me, It is happening with me because my system is not clean. There are hand-cleaned previous unsuccessful windows installation.

NvRaid and windows 7

I have an Asus P5nt WS and desired to make use of the Raid 5 6x HDD for Windows 7 x64 Boot Drive. The downside is that no matter the number of drives used with Raid 5 the good Write Rate is only 30 meg. My P5b Deluxe does 100 meg Writes ( using Intel onboard controller with 4x HDD )

Do you knows about any BIOS mod / Driver that is capable to unlock NVRaid 5 Performance ? I have 300 meg Reads but unless I found 70+ Writes it is just to damn delayed . It is an shame NVRaid does not facilitates splitting the array
    ( ie 6x HDD's using 10% of the array in Raid 0 then the Remaining 90% in Raid 5 mode )

15.37_nforce_win7_64bit_international_whql
    185.85_desktop_win7_64bit_english_whql
    cudadriver_2.2_win7_64_185.85_general
    1104 Bios

Is there any method to get CUDA functioning for Raid ??

NvRaid and windows 7

Hi All,

I have recently installed Windows 7 RC1 (build 7100) on my PC and want to share my whole experience with you all.

This is my computer configuration:

1-Asus P5N-E SLI (nforce 570)
    2- Core2Duo 4300 (normally o/c to 3GHz, but I did change freq back to 3- The stock during the windows installation)
    4- 3GB Ram
    5- 2 x Samsung MLC 64GB SSD in Raid 0 by nvidia mediashield
    6- 2 x Samsung F1 SATA HDD
    7- nVidia 8800GS + Creative X-Fi PCI Soundcard + Belkin G+ PCI Card

I am ruinning with the installation of Windows XP on one of the Samsung F1 and the two MLC SSD that I just bought.Initially, I setup and format the 2 MLC in raid 0 within the existing windows xp (not sure if that helps, but I followed some online suggestions to configure "offsetting" when building the partition and formatted the raid partition in NTFS, 4096 allocation size).The installation started properly, and to my suprise, all the HDD including the Raid partition were detected by the Windows Setup Routine without any custom driver. I selected the installation location to the raid partition and the setup ran properly, without any bluescreen and asked for restart at last. However, the windows 7 setup failed to continue after the reboot, and the screen was left blank after the "Raid Bios" screen. I rebooted the PC again and selected the original HDD as boot drive and my main win xp worked smoothly.

Re: NvRaid and windows 7

So you didn't get a actual dual boot system and are not able to select the OS while booting.

Questions:

1. Why did you unplug the Hard disk with the already existing MBR while installing Windows 7?
    2. Why did you load any nForce IDE driver during the installation of Windows 7 ? The Win in-box nForce SataRAID drivers should support your RAID specification.
    3. Which SATA_IDE driver you have loaded currently ?