Thread: Super will no longer run

Super will no longer run

Hello there, I have a desktop computer which is running on Windows XP operating system. The problem which I am facing is that Super will no longer run on the computer. Whenever I try to run Super on the computer, it gives an error saying "Windows cannot access the specified device path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access them." I am not able to understand, why I am facing such problems and hence need your help. Any help regarding the topic is more than welcome. Thanks in advance.

Re: Super will no longer run

I think there is some problem with the application which is installed on the computer. There are lot of files which are associated to the application. If any of the file which is associated to the application is corrupt or missing then the application will not work properly. Hence you will have to replace all the files which are corrupt or missing on the system. Uninstall the currently installed application from the computer and remove all the files/keys which are related to the application. Reboot the system and reinstall the application. Check if the application works properly or not.

There is a high possibility that the system which you are using is infected with some kind of virus which is creating problems in normal working of the computer. Virus's have the tendency to infect the files of the application which are used frequently. Scan the system and check for all the files which are infected. Repair the files which are infected. After repairing the infected files check if the application works properly or not.

Are there any security softwares installed on the computer? If yes then it could be the reason behind the problem which you are facing. All the security softwares work on the principle of blocking all the unknown traffic generating or terminating on the computer. Due to this working principle, sometimes the traffic or the application which is desired by the user also is blocked. Hence try and disable the security software and see if the application works or not.

The proper working of the computer and all its application is dependent on the proper working of the operating system of the computer. If the operating system of the computer is not working properly, then the system is bound to give such problems while working. Insert the Windows installation disk and boot the system from the installation disk. Select the option which says "Repair the current windows installation" and let the procedure complete. Once the procedure is complete, see if all the applications work properly or not.

Thanks for replying to the post really fast. There was an AVG antivirus installed on the computer which was creating problems while executing the application. The realtime shield of the AVG antivirus was blocking the SUPER application from executing and hence the system was giving the error. I disabled the realtime shield of AVG antivirus and now the application is now working properly.