Thread: VirtualDub 'WMV1' error

VirtualDub 'WMV1' error

Hi,
    I am using Virtual Dub to create some audio files. The tool is really efficient to work on advance coding. The issue is that when I use the asf format to generate a avi file it gives out a error denoting wmv1 unknown. I am not able to figure out the issue behind this. My all files which I am using right now in it is workable. Does this software is buggy while converting.

Re: VirtualDub 'WMV1' error

I think this can be a codec error. I am using Windows 7 in my system with Windows Media Encoder software. I had installed this recently. It offers you a number of codec bundle which are widely needed while converting. It looks like a improper codec error due to which you are not able to extract the file out of a different audio format. Try to add a codec support then check back.

I am using Xiph Media Encoder tool to work on advance coding support. It is a set of scripts PowerShell to automate the trans-coding of audio files format FLAC (lossless compression), Vorbis and Speex (voice compression). These scripts are very powerful and provide an exemplary flexibility. I will recommend you to use this first and then try out back.

It is always useful to have programs to edit videos. Windows Media Encoder Studio is an powerful application that allows to edit videos of an effective, simple and fast. This tool created by Microsoft has very good levels of editing and a series of advantages that other programs lack. You can work on one track of video and there you can set to add more audio files which you can insert text and other visual effects.

This is just a codec issue in your system. Download and try ffdshow in your pc or else klite media codec pack. Any of will do. The software does not find appropriate codec support in your system due to which your output conversion fails in between. There is nothing related tot he operation system or the version of video sub which you are using right now.

Windows Media Encoder is a software element in the creation of audio files to WMA and WMV video files in Windows, it is generally used by many software encoding audio and video but also video capture like Media Coder for example. Unfortunately, I do not know why this software does not always work on Windows Vista, if not almost ever. However, Microsoft has addressed the problem of incompatibility with Vista and this program has ended up creating a patch that fixes the known issues so far.

Try to use the most recent version of video sub software. It is possible that some older version are not so compatible with some current media formats, due to which you are facing the error. I have a codec support already installed in my pc. I am using virtual dub frequently to generate by own media files. For the codec support the best I will too recommend is ffdshow.