Thread: How to get the real 5.1 channel audio after converting dvd to divx

How to get the real 5.1 channel audio after converting dvd to divx

Hello everyone, I am new to the converting of files and hence, I need to know that how to get the real 5.1 channel audio after converting dvd to divx. Is there any specific converter for doing the same? I am using Windows XP Service Pack 2 operating system.
    All possible help and replies on converting dvd to divx is duly appreciated. I am waiting for suitable replies.

Re: How to get the real 5.1 channel audio after converting dvd to divx

On searching the internet, I have found some of the softwares that will help you in converting dvd to divx. I have listed some of them below:
    • 1Click DVD to Divx xVid Avi 1.21
    • DVD to VCD AVI DivX Converter 3.2.69
    • All DVD to DivX/Xvid Converter 1.7.2
    • WinMPG DVD Ripper 1.5
    • 4U DVD Ripper 2.6.0.2
    • Asee DVD Video to DivX Converter 5.0
    • AlltoDVD DVD to DivX 2.4.66

All the above softwares have simple and flexible interface and because of this, they can be used with ease even by the inexperienced users too.

If you are just looking for the best converter for converting dvd to divx, I recommended you to go with the Total Video Converter. This is because, this is the best and simplest software available for this purpose. It is also required that you get the latest version of this software, so that you can get the newly added features also. Infact, the new file formats to which the files can be converted can also be got in the new version only.

There is a tool called dvd2avi that helps to get the real 5.1 channel audio after converting dvd to divx. When the conversion is done with the help of this tool, the subtitles of the videos or movies will also be safe. I can assure you this because I have used the same software for the conversion of the video files in my system and the subtitles remain unharmed with its help.

Hello there,
    I too was searching for a technique that will help to get the real 5.1 channel audio after converting dvd to divx and I came across the solution that is mentioned by Raine. I tried out the same and to my surprise everything worked out properly. The subtitles were protected. Also, the required sound can also be recovered using this tool. I advice you to follow this method.

According to, to get the real 5.1 channel audio after converting dvd to divx is very difficult. This is because no converters are able to retain the original quality of the videos or audios after the conversion is done. I am not quite sure about the software that is mentioned by Raine. You can try out the same. If you are lucky, then the quality will be preserved.