Thread: Graphedit Batch Mod

Graphedit Batch Mod

Hi,
    I am trying to use Graphedit tool to work on some audio file decoding. I was using a different software before but that was not so useful . I had found this Internet. I had played through basic controls in decoding some files. But the output of the same is not so good which I had accepted. Second thing I need some tips on using this file for creating some batch files.

Re: Graphedit Batch Mod

Before embarking on directshow in delphi programming I suggest you familiarize with filters and filtergraph, using a tool to manipulate it without programming. He called GraphEdit. This tool shows all process streams video and audio in a directshow application. In addition, manipulate GraphEdit is not wasted, because later,the same can be program in Delphi, it will be a good tool for debugging applications using directshow and DSPack, and check what is happening inside filtergraph.

The GraphEdit application is part of Microsoft DirectX SDK. The normal method is to load it back and it's free. Development Kit DirectX, which is, in this version, no less than 185 MB! This is useful for real developers, but very heavy for fans and reserved for very high speed. It weighs more then 430 KB, but we're not sure you have the latest version for the latest DirectX version or even the legality of what is downloaded, because even when Microsoft is giving something free, it is not freeware.

To use the software download the file and then run the software. If DirectX is already installed on your microphone, just in principle require the installation of utilities including GraphEdit. After installation, you GraphEdit will find in your start menu, and everything will be properly installed. Note that if you're running Windows XP, you will probably have to edit the file by hand register.bat to correct paths to regsvr32. In my path was pointed c: \ windows \ system while the regsvr32 is housed in the c: \ windows \ system32.

When you run the tool you can literally draw a graph of the logical processing of video and audio of our project, since a physical resource a disk drive, a CD or DVD player, a camera, a capture card, etc until 'to another physical resource which can be a disk drive, screen, speakers, a firewire card, etc. For this, one must place filters, which are represented by rectangles, and connect them with arrows show the flow of samples, that is to say the data processed.

We put our first filter in GraphEdit by clicking on Graph, then Insert Filters a window appears. It shows all the filters installed on your microphone, so that you choose one. They are grouped into categories, such as DirectShow Filters that will mainly interest us. Individual filters can be accessed by clicking the plus sign. I am using this on Windows XP and that work well here.

Another way to explore the filters to search his computer all files of type .ax. Indeed, many of these small files match a filter, and are usually found clustered in a few folders that correspond to applications that are installed. But beware, copy a file *. ax to its hard drive is not enough for us to use the filter. It must be properly installed in the registry, and that's another story. In addition, there are the filters of the original Windows XP in a file quartz.dll