Thread: Software similar to DVD Shrink

Software similar to DVD Shrink

I am currently using windows XP 64 bit operating system on my computer and i am going to upgrade it with the windows 7. Actually i am happily using DVD Shrink on this vista machine but i am afraid that it would not be working on windows 7 os. Is there any free softwares provided similar to the DVD Shrink? Please let me know if yes.
    Last edited by Braasch; 03-05-2010 at 01:12 PM.

Re: Software similar to DVD Shrink

I think you have not tried using it on windows 7. I suggest you to first of all install windows 7 on your computer system then try that DVD Shrink works or not , If not then you may try doing the same from the Compatibility mode of your windows 7 operating system as many software do gets working in Compatibility mode if windows os.

I have given you the link from where you can download the AmoK DVD Shrinker which is good software to shrink the DVDs, This software works same as that of DVD Shrink. AmoK DVD Shrinker compresses DVDs up to one fifth of an original size of the DVD without any visible quality reduction. Click on the name of AmoK DVD Shrinker to download it.

Some of the DVDs are copy protected so that you can not copy them on your hard disk. I guess an AmoK DVD Shrinker do not provide you the options by which you can directly rip dvd on your computer but there are many programs which can do it. Even this software can do it but you need to use Machinist2.dll which is a freely available on world wide web.

Even i have tried to use DVD Shrink on my windows 7 computer system and it does not works so i have tried using it via long rout. Actually i have dual booted system which also has windows xp on it. I have found that the DVD shrink can work on virtual Xp within the windows 7. You may also try the same.

I think you should use Ripit4me or FixVTS which are similar kind of programs to that of DVD Shrink. These both the softwares are cool to use and graphic interface is also very much user friendly. You can find this software easily on an internet by just searching them on a google or whatever search you use on your computer system.

I guess FixVTS is a small tool which makes your DVD readable in the DVD shrink which is not a query here. Anyways and RipIt4Me is a freeware utility that helps you backup your copy protected DVDs. Recently released DVDs are now very often equipped with stronger copy protections - such as ARccOS and RipGuard DVD. So this could be the useful for you.