Thread: Dvd Rebuilder cant find encoder

Dvd Rebuilder cant find encoder

I have installed a Windows Vista 64 bit on my computer and i want to use DVD Rebuider on this system. I have successfully downloaded it from the some web site (I do not remember the site name exactly) but when i try to run it then i am getting an error message saying that it could not find the encoder. Can anybody help me?
    Last edited by Bhupathi; 02-05-2010 at 04:30 AM.

Re: Dvd Rebuilder cant find encoder

Me too having the same problem when i installed Dvd Rebuilder on my windows computer system. Actually i did not got that where could be the problem and from where it can find an encoder but i just reinstalled it after completely removing it and my problem have got solved.

I have seen this kind of problem on my Rebuilder several times but it does not happens always so i guess there should not be any problem regarding the absence of an encoder. I think this error could come if the DVD which you are using would be having copy protection including normal css encrytion. I suggest you to use some other program instead of DVD Rebuilder such as RipIt4Me.

There is no need to compromise with the program or anything for running the DVD Builder on your computer system. Specially when it does not find any encoder for encoding purpose. Go to the settings and then at the bottom of that menu you should find a Setup menu where you can have to set an encoder's path which will i think solve your problem.

I would like to ask you that about which version you guys are talking. If it is about Dvd Rebuilder older then the 1.28.2 then i guess you should upgrade it up to this version. And then try to run it on your windows operating system. As i am using it on Linux system, I do not have any idea that would it be running on your systems or not but it must work i guess.

I think you should download the perfect encoder for using the DVD Rebuilder on your windows system for which you should directly go to an official web site of DVD Rebuilder which is www.jdobbs.com where you can find several encoders which supports for the DVD Rebuilders.