Thread: DVDFAB - cannot play backup DVD on DVD player

DVDFAB - cannot play backup DVD on DVD player

Hello ,

I have copied my 28 Weeks Later DVD to my computers hard disk using DVD Fab hard disk decrypter
    After that I compress the DVD using DVDShrink and then burn it on a DVD disk. But the problem is that when I tried to play this DVD disk, my DVD Player gave me a message that displayed it cannot play the disk.

Has anybody had any idea what I can do for solving this problem?

Re: DVDFAB - cannot play backup DVD on DVD player

Hi
    Welcome to the this forum. The first thing you must make sure that the DVD is finalized or the DVD is closed. If you have CD-DVD Speed, an application for checking your disk, then you can run it through it. It will tell you. If you do not have it, you can find it easily. You can also use VSO Inspector. You can download it from its official site.

Which program you are using for burning the DVD. DVDshrink do not burn, it call Nero or DVD decrypter you can also try to save the file and burn it with the program of your choice.

You can load the burned disc, and choose the drive and then post the information from the disc information screen. It will be better if you post the complete name and number or the letters of your drive, as reported by the CD-Speed.

I have bought a license of the DVDFab platinum for supporting the developer. I am not using the application most often mostly the free ripper part. But if a products is getting such a support, we must honor this.

I believe DVDFab is having too many features, its miles away from a simple DVD-backup software, that makes it more complex, difficult to write and hence it is difficult to avoid the bugs.

Well, I just want to know what makes an application to be part of "the big league"
    For me; it means stability and working without any problem.
    I need to insert the disc, start the copy process and need to be sure that the result is going to play on the stand alone PC. One more thing the finished copy must be compatible to the official DVD-Specifications and cause no problem with any of the hardware or the software I am going to use.

According to me the tools which can fulfill the expectations is AnyDVD + CloneDVD + Shrink. This combination has never let me down, I never had to re-check my backup. I thought that DVDFab to have such a good quality, but right now it has not performed at that level.
    Some copies do not work in PowerDVD, some refuse to play with VLC, in earlier versions the copies took 60secons to start in my computer system.

I have bought a license to support Fengtao and his team to make this product as steady as I would love to see it, but right now, I am till now I am trying to work with my old AnyDVD or Shrink setup.

As with the other software DVDFAB has good and bad issues. The program was stable and I find it easy to use. I am having the problem at first but was able to settle them.

I was overly excited when version 5 came out....and had very high hopes of it, but I experience problems in the beginning and perhaps that was why I were "a little" upset that version 5 did not meant to the standard of version 4.

Even though, I have provisional "ease" using version 5, I am still looking ahead for new updates and continuously trying the new version.
    Thank you