Thread: Forced Subtitles

Forced Subtitles

Hi Guys

I am facing the problem related to the subtitiles that are used in the films such as "The sum of All Fears and also The Hunt for Red October". The subtitles are translations of the Russian being spoken by the actors. I have de-crypted the film only files from the original DVD’s and after that I have used DVD2one V1.1.3. I have also selected the film only, 6ch sounds, and will all the English subtitles. After that I tried to burn using the CopytoDVD it works the best. But for that I have to do it manually.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Re: Forced Subtitles

I was also facing the same problem and my friend suggested me to select all the subtitles. I have tried this but has not made any difference. Any ideas how to identify which stream contains the forced subtitles without watch the whole movie and manually trying to them all. Because I am able to this then I will be able to make a note in the title sleeve that stream to have switched on when viewing.

Hey

I am sure I would like the feature or the sub-program for DVD2one movie only that is able to identify the forced subtitles only and insert or enable it just like that.

I know subtitles are small, but it give bugs while including English on my copies when they are useful and when they are not be useful.
    Many players will not let you really disable DVD-R subtitles in their Set-Ups...

I am having the problem with the forced subtitles. I have just trans-coded the a movie. I had to try each English subtitle one at a time until I faced the problem of forced subtitles. When I selected all English subtitles, the forced subtitle apparently "lost" its forced characteristic.
    I think that that while copying, forced subtitles must be copied by default.

It looks critical that there is has to be a way of identifying a forced subtitle in the subtitle selection area.

Now, I have to play the movie and searching for subtitles, then after ripping & trans-coding, I have to trans-code for each English subtitle and then play each one searching for the subtitles that I saw when playing the original.

That problem will be a pain.

It will be great if this feature is embedded DVD2One.We must start a topic with details related to which correct subtitle to select for user the user that do not want to waste his valuable time shooting in the dark. I am still trying to find out which English subtitles to select in order to get the forced subtitle.

This whole subtitles and forced-subtitles thing is something I would love to hear something classic or perfect about it.
    I have participated in other discussions about the need for inclusion of the English subtitle that is in the English movie. I have faced a few problems that require the English subtitles if a translation sub-title is to pop-up. In general, I have been informed that 'subtitles are small it has to be safe hence if I do not know for sure whether the movie needs such, I include the English subtitles by default.
    But I do wish someone with access to published Standards could speak to this whole issue of insuring that sub-titles normally seen in theatrical presentations.

Hi Guys

Thanks for giving replies, it seems that I am not the only one who is having problems with this problem. I do not know if it is probable but if in the next version of DVD2one, it could point out what type of subtitle was which in the selection screen before compression, that may do the trick I am going to keep trawling and if I come up with anything else I will reply back!