Thread: Google earth problem under debian

Google earth problem under debian

Hello,
    I have 4 networked PCs on a livebox, one with Mandriva 2010.0, one with XP, one with ubuntu 9.10 and a laptop connected to wifi with Debian Lenny. I installed Google Earth on 4 machines and it works great with XP and Ubuntu but with Mandriva and Debian I have the following error messages:
    Code:
    Google Earth could not contact http://kh.google.com:80/. Check your network connection and retry in 15 minutes "
    Any help regarding this is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    www.techarena.in

Re: Google earth problem under debian

Hello,
    Debian google is not under any buggy rate them and is not close to being correct when I need it I vai under M $ because not even using the cum as wine or playonlinux. So if you think that google earth is working on well on windows operating system, then you can install wine on your system and run google earth there.

Hello,
    I had a similar kind of problem. I have read your post and yeah, but my laptop under Lenny googleearth works very well with when I'm home (neufbox) and thence to my father (livebox) that I made those mistakes, as its mandriva ... That's what I'm missing. So, if you have any more alternative that this then please let me know. Thanks in advance.

ImaniAbigailWilliams Guest

Debian is not a bi-arch distribution. You'll have to find 32bit copies of those libraries and install them by hand.

Hello,
    What is the output or the result of the following in your google earth

Code:
    $ Dig example.com
    $ traceroute example.com
    It will have to determine roughly where it gets stuck. May be there is some problem in your internet connection.

Hello,
    Your Debian manages to find the server (well, at least one of four). It therefore excludes the Debian itself and the Livebox (if you did well on test from the network Livebox). It is certainly a problem with Google Earth itself, although I find it somewhat suspicious that the same PC works on another network. I hope you understand the things quite well.