Thread: LAMP error under Debian

LAMP error under Debian

Hello,
    I'm trying to create a new forum phpBB3, until my hoster do what is necessary, I wish to run locally under Lamp. I'm on Debian Lenny. I have installed the following packages: apache2, mysql-server, php5, php5-mysql phpmyadmin. I think that Apache2 works, I am entitled to a "it works" if I type localhost in my browser. I therefore refer to the documentation page on this site phpBB3 on the installation under Wamp, which I adapted to my case. I tried to open with Iceweasel in case. Then tried to restart Apache2 and MySQL, always the same result. How you guys will help me. Thanks in advance.

Re: LAMP error under Debian

Hello,
    I personally doubt that the mod php is not enabled by default after a fresh install apache2 php5 and mysql. But it is nevertheless a trail to follow. By cons in your suppose url http://www.example.foo/phpBB3/install it points to the folder install / php script that contains the install. I rather think it is a problem with the Directory Index directive which must not be present in the conf lamp. Try It instead of typing directly: http://www.example.foo/phpBB3/install/index.php.

Hello,
    I think lamp that does not take into account the config apache2 modules which are now in / etc/apache2/mods-available / or in / etc / apache2/apache2.conf. Lamp may still be trying to read the file / etc/apache2/mods-available/dav_svn.conf no longer used by apache2 today but still present by worries of compatibility (look in httpd.conf there is nothing) Maybe a solution would be to paste the conf directory of the module in the httpd.conf as it can read the conf Lamp. We must put the following lines in the file / etc/apache2/mods-available/dav_svn.conf:
    Code:
    <IfModule dir_mon.c>

DirectoryIndex index.html index.cgi index.pl index.php index.xhtml index.htm

</IfModule>
    Then you type the magic command that allows Apache to reload the conf without restart the server:
    Code:
    # Apache2ctl-k graceful

Hello,
    Yes I think the following is correct
    Code:
    <IfModule dir_m.c>

DirectoryIndex index.html index.cgi index.pl index.php index.xhtml index.htm

</IfModule>
    By cons that is still weird that I have been bothered, I'm not the only one yet to use lamp. Any additional information on this is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hello,
    But it's true that generally a Linux user who wants to set up a basic web server rather happen one:
    Code:
    aptitude install apache2 mysql-server-5.0 php5 phpmyadmin
    Then it made its personal conf. Lamp is supposed to do exactly the same thing but I guess not. The principle is really practical Lamp for windows, and it's called Wamp, but in debian ... much install everything by hand.