Thread: Downloading Norton Security Suite on MacBook Pro

Downloading Norton Security Suite on MacBook Pro

I have just received an email message from Comcast they have mentioned the in the email that I must download the new Norton Security Suit protecting my Mac against the threats. It is clearly mentioned in the email that this Norton Security Suite is free for the Comcast users/subscribers. I want to know that it is really necessary to download this security suite because currently I am using McAfee antivirus software for my computer system.
    Currently I am using Macbook Pro and I need help related to this issue of Downloading Norton Security Suite on MacBook Pro

Do not use it on your Mac operating system.

Do not use it on your Mac operating system.
    Norton Antivirus has a very long and well-known reputation for mangling Mac OS X, from time to time to the point where a entire reinstallation is required. Among other things, it installs kernel extensions that are known to cause kernel panics and system hangs. It contains known and documented bugs that can silently corrupt Adobe Photoshop and Adobe InDesign files, destroy the ability of a user validate as administrator, and can cause Classic to stop working, and Symantec has at least two occasions, now free of defects. dat file updates certain critical report by mistake Mac OS X files as "virus".

Re: Downloading Norton Security Suite on MacBook Pro

Great!
    Unfortunately, I am reading this after I have downloaded the Norton Security Suite on my MacBook Pro. I am using this Norton Security Suite from the last week and till now I have not faced any kind of problem. The only issue I am facing with this Norton Security Suite it there are four different components are attached to it and I have no idea about it.

PC Tools iAntiVirus guard against malicious software that Mac, including viruses, worms, trojans, spyware and adware. Unlike some antivirus Mac, PC Tools iAntiVirus does not cover malicious software based on Windows, which reduces costs and impact of low system performance, but can not be the best bet in a mixed Mac / environment Windows. IAntiVirus PC Tools is free for home (and home office) use and currently supports Intel Macs running OS X 10.5 only. One option discreet and efficient Mac antivirus software dedicated to Mac users will want to try.

I you want to use the antivirus software then I will suggest you to use PC Tools iAntiVirus

First, if you are using Mac operating system then there is no need to user the antivirus software and if you are using McAfee antivirus software then continues to use it.

McAfee VirusScan for Mac can be used as a standalone virus scanner for Mac or included with McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator for enterprise management. McAfee VirusScan for Mac has the supports for the Mac OS X 10.4.6 (Tiger) or later and Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard). The universal binary can be installed on either PowerPC or Intel-based Macs. Integration with ePO requires ePO version 3.6.