Thread: Photoshop Scratch Disk

Photoshop Scratch Disk

The Photoshop scratch disk is your hard drive. Photoshop makes the uses your hard disk as temporary swap space, virtual memory or, if your system does not have enough RAM for performing an operation. If you have only one hard drive or partition on your computer, then the hard work is the drive where your operating system is installed. Everything is going smooth but now I am getting error message that "scratch disks are full" whenever I try to do the gaussien blur on any filter.

I want to know do I empty my Photoshop Scratch Disk

Re: Photoshop Scratch Disk

There are a number of solutions ... one of them is not as simple but you will always help.

1. Prior to blur, if you are sure you will not need to make an undo your work, go to Edit menu / purge / all. This will free up space on the temporary files that Photoshop uses to destroy and to history. Be aware that your history and undo will be gone.

2. If your disk is partitioned, or if you have any other internal or external hard drives, go to preferences / plug-ins and scratch disks, and change "First" on the disk other than the boot, and " second "as a startup disk.
    If you have no other hard drives ... to buy and external FireWire ... Is it not so easy, but you will always help. Anyway, as it seems, and because your startup disk is full, it is a sign that you need more space.

Not knowing your computer is configured and disk size, amount of free space on the disk, it is difficult to say exactly, but by default, the Photoshop scratch disk uses the computers free space on hard drive as primary scratch disk. If you have more than one hard disk, you can specify in the preferences which disk to use as a scratch disk and even a secondary scratch disk.

If you cannot bear to clean up your hard drive of any material that is complete, you may need to get another FireWire or USB hard drive.

In addition, you can optimize your disk - offers space used in one place and all the fragmented files de-fragmented. This will free up more space and make things faster.

Sounds like a memory problem with your hard drive or have you set for your favorite Photoshop higher.
    Navigate to your Photoshop icon and supreme. Press the control key and the letter i (for getting the information). The screen comes and you can change the current settings of Photoshop at a higher value by opening the arrow meg: Memory, change the value to 30MB or more for higher (recommended to leave their current context, it will most low. This allocates more memory to Photoshop program and you will be able to Gaussian blur more effectively

I followed the instructions to sort the discs scratch as Photoshop keep saying they are full, now Photoshop will not be open to all he keeps saying failed to initialize Photoshop because the file is locked. Use the properties command in Windows Explorer. I do not know how to find the same .. Properties command or how the file got locked as I am the only user and work from home .. Desperate ..

Please help me, I have finish work.