Thread: Audio Input options gone in Windows 7

Audio Input options gone in Windows 7

Hi everyone,

When I goes to use to run XP, I could record streaming audio in real time in ACID Pro by just taking something like a 'what you hear' recording device option. Now, I have upgraded to Windows 7 and all that's under recording devices is two mics and a line in. I am no longer just record what I can hear?!?!

Thanks

Fine , you have upgraded from XP to windows 7 then you need to have absolute settings from your hardware settings means if you are not getting any sound then your sound hardware needs some utility to enable the device to play sound.

If you have upgraded then you have to install appropriate sound driver that should be compatible with the windows 7 because if you are going to use the sound driver that you are using for XP can not work on windows 7.

The above suggestion id very good and I am agree with eric. if you have done all the requirement related to the driver and other utility and not getting any solution like that then You will require the "System Mixer" to record streaming audio from the internet.

Move to the Control Panel/Hardware and Sound/Sound. Click on the Recording Tab and make right click in a blank section and check the option to show disabled devices. If the System Mixer is there, choose it as the default.

Hello guys,

Help me, I am also running with the same issue. I tried to configure the same thing in control panel and the other steps that you all suggested , but in recording devices, only the microphone was displayed even after I had already enabled the display of disabled devices. I am getting sound but when I try to use snagit for taking videos on the screen, I didn't interact with audio and the "no audio input
    device" message occurs. please give me a hand.

Thanks.

These are the suggestions composed within the steps, I did to get my sound recording from all sources to work. This is based on Realtek sound chip and driver.

Activate the stereo mix device

Start => Control Panel => Hardware & Sound => Manage Audio Devices > Recording Tab => Rx in the white area then Check: Show Disabled Devices => Rx Stereo Mix device and now Enable it. Be sure it is checked as the default device.

Enable line in

Start => Control Panel => Hardware & Sound => Manage Audio Devices => Recording Tab => Line In => Rx => Properties => Listen Tab => Check: "Listen to this device" => Click on Apply => OK

REALTEK Properties

Make double click on Realtek speaker icon from the tray => "Device Advanced Settings" > Record Device and move, Change: "Tie Up" to "Separate entire input jacks as independent input devices"

smile Re: Audio Input options gone in Windows 7

I am having the same problem on a TOSHIBA Qosmio X505-Q894.
    The only input is "microphone". If I am checking the option " Ignore disconnected hardware"- there is the same result.
    The only way to record or broadcast the sound is through microphone while speakers are on. Of course there is a lot of background noise and quality is very poor.
    I have tried several drivers for the existing sound card:
    Conexant smart audio HD. Same result.
    Does anybody have the same problem?
    There is any fix for this problem?

I think that I have to downgrade to Windows XP but I don't know if the existing drivers are working on XP.
    On the TOSHIBA official website support, the sound card driver is missing.
    Anybody can help?

Cheers,
    criogen

Re: Audio Input options gone in Windows 7

Quote Originally Posted by criogen2000 View Post
    I am having the same problem on a TOSHIBA Qosmio X505-Q894.
    The only input is "microphone". If I am checking the option " Ignore disconnected hardware"- there is the same result.
    The only way to record or broadcast the sound is through microphone while speakers are on. Of course there is a lot of background noise and quality is very poor.
    I have tried several drivers for the existing sound card:
    Conexant smart audio HD. Same result.
    Does anybody have the same problem?
    There is any fix for this problem?
    I think that there is an option with windows 7 where it likes to control the device that plays sound and records sound by choosing it automatically but if you show disabled or disconnected devices through this menu you should see the "Stereo mix" and should be able to enable it from there. Then set as default. If still it is not working for your then downgrade or dual boot windows xp and see if you are getting the audio options back.