Thread: Problem uninstalling Microsoft Word 2010

Problem uninstalling Microsoft Word 2010

Hello friends,
    After having downloaded the Office Word 2010 beta, some days ago, now I sometimes have several problems like :
    • The first is that since some days I can not use Word 2010 beta when I'm connected to internet, otherwise, I signal that I can not download items correctly in Word.
    • The second, now I want to delete it, but impossible when I want to delete a message: "failed to register the Click to Run" and I find it equally impossible to remove Microsoft Office Click-to-Run 2010.
    In short I am facing problem while uninstalling Microsoft Word 2010. Please help me as soon as possible.!!

Re: Problem uninstalling Microsoft Word 2010

Hello,
    Office 2010 is still in beta, it was strongly advised not to use it in a production environment. I suppose that this message appeared after trying to remove the control panel. The most radical solution is to do a system restore to a date prior to installing the Office suite. And unfortunately, we did not get much feedback on Office 2010.

The version Click-to-Run a disk and installs a virtual machine on your machine. This virtualized version of Office appear to cause much concern and I think it will be resolved at the final exit of the product. The best thing for you is to download the PRO version of Office 2010 that is installed in a conventional manner. and there, there's no worries.

Try the following steps to fix the issue :
    1. Go to Control Panel.
    2. Add / Remove Programs.
    3. Go to Office 2010 and do not click Uninstall, Click on Edit and choose to remove it.
    4. Then when the Office Setup window appears, click Delete.

Hope that this fix your issues.!!

I would like to suggest you to use the Windows Install Clean-Up Utility. This utility is there to remove the installation information of a poorly or partially installed program. Windows Installer CleanUp Utility does not remove the program, it deletes the installation files so you can restart the installation, upgrade or uninstall. This can be helpful while uninstalling Microsoft Word 2010.

If nothing is working for you then try to edit the registries. Then try to do the following steps :
    1. Start Regedit.
    2. Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Office \ 12.0 \ Word \ Data
    3. Right mouse click on the "Data" folder and delete it.
    4. Close Regedit.
    -Whats the use of your old clothes if you won't give it to those who are poor?
    -Whats the use of your cooking skill if you won't cook for those who are hungy?
    -Whats the use of YOU if you won't help those in need