Thread: Itunes error 7

question Itunes error 7

I recently updated my Itunes to version 9.1. After installation i got an error:
    title: Itunes.exe - Unable to Locate Component
    body: This application has failed to start because icuuc36.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

I click ok and then another error message: Itunes was not installed correctly. Please reinstall Itunes. Error 7

I have already tried:
    1) downloaded itunes 9.1 and selected repair
    2)Removed Itunes and reinstalled
    3)Removed Itunes in contol panel - add or remove programs. Removed all apple stuff, Itunes and Quicktime. Installed Itunes again
    4)Uninstalled everything (again) and installed only quicktime, then only itunes
    5)Downloaded Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 and installed it to the default settings and stuff

Nothing worked... Any suggestions what to do next ?
    BTW:Quicktime workes fine
    BTW 2: I'm using Windows XP, SP 3, ...

Re: Itunes error 7

No need 4 help anymore, fixed it myself

Quote Originally Posted by tiiger1111 View Post
    No need 4 help anymore, fixed it myself
    Good that you sorted out your problem, but can you explain more about how did you resolve the itunes issue faced by you so that any other person who is having this same problem will also be able to sort out his issues. Thanks

Yea, so i searched apple forums and found an interesting post: (http://discussions.apple.com/thread....95915&tstart=0)
    Hi People, thanks for your help. I had the same problem. After being prompted to update to iTunes Ver. 9.1 I went ahead and let it automatically update and install iTunes and Quicktime. After updating to Ver. 9.1, iTunes would not open or run on my Windows XP system. It would show up in "processes" as a running program but would not show up on my screen.
    After reading your discussion about how Bonjour would interfere, I tried to uninstall it. It wouldn't uninstall because it is using one of the processes. I tried quite a few things including completely uninstalling all Apple programs and reinstalling iTunes. I manually uninstalled Bonjour. No luck!
    +Here's what you need to do. After reinstalling iTunes, Navigate to the Program Files\ Bonjour folder and rename this folder Bounjour.Old. Restart the computer. Bounjour service should not now show up as a service in Administrative Tools\Services. DELETE the Bonjour.old folder. THEN go to Control Panel - Remove Programs and REMOVE Bounjour. It will now uninstall sucessfully.
    After doing this iTunes started right up, loaded all my old settings, and recognized my iPod just like normal. Hooray and good luck.
    I didn't even have that kind of problem, but I tryed and it worked !!