Thread: KIS 2010 firewall is totally worthless

KIS 2010 firewall is totally worthless

Hello friends, my computer is running Windows 7 Ultimate operating system along with the KIS 2010 security program. This antivirus is a very good software for my computer. But, it seems that the KIS 2010 firewall is totally worthless. Many of the online features that I want to use are being blocked by this particular firewall. This is why I am getting irritated. I cannot find a way to get the features that I require.

Use the default Windows Firewall

If you feel that the KIS 2010 firewall is totally worthless or if you are not comfortable with the same, then my suggestion to you is to use the default Windows Firewall. It quite better than this firewall that Kaspersky is providing. You can also set the rules as you want. Actually, it is very much user-friendly than the other third party firewalls available in the market.

Re: KIS 2010 firewall is totally worthless

You are having a wrong point of view that the KIS 2010 firewall is totally worthless. Actually, it may be blocking all the features that seem to be malicious to it. The rules may have been set according to that. If you want it to be more lenient and provide more features according to your requirement, then just set the rules as per that. The problem will be solved after that.

Re: KIS 2010 firewall is totally worthless

Hello there, I guess that you are right. Even I felt that the KIS 2010 firewall is totally worthless because I have also tried using the same. There are no options specified that must ask if we want to connect to the internet or not. Actually, many of the options that must be added in an ideal firewall are skipped in this firewall. I suggest you to switch to some other firewall.

Quick Heal is a better option

According to me, Quick Heal is a better option if you find that KIS 2010 firewall is totally worthless. I am using the same in my system. This antivirus has the feature of boot scan too, that helps to get rid of all sorts of infections. It also helps to repair the corrupt files in the system. Infact the firewall that this antivirus provides is also very helpful and better.

The interactive mode

The case that KIS 2010 firewall is totally worthless can be changed. Have you heard about the interactive mode, that is provided by this antivirus. You will be able to change the options of the firewall here. Almost all the options like connecting to the internet, trusted websites and so on are provided here. Your issues will be hopefully solved after doing the required setup.