Thread: Bitlocker on Windows Home Server

Bitlocker on Windows Home Server

Hi there, I am having one query that i need to solve with help of yours. My query is related to the Bitlocker on Windows Home Server. any one have idea about Where the back of the Windows Home Server goes which is taken with the bitlocker encryption. So if you are having the solution of the same then let me know about the same. Thank you.
    Last edited by Nalini_sh; 06-04-2010 at 11:29 AM.

Re: Bitlocker on Windows Home Server

As you have asked about the same i think that the same can be hidden due the bit locker. But if you are saving the data on the Windows Home server ad work with the defined location then possibly it will not be encrypted. So you can still use the backup function on the Windows Home Server. Thats all i can help you for the same.

First of all thanks for your reply that you have given me to work with the same that i have asked about. But i think you got me wrong. I wanted to know that after taking the back on WHS where the back is saved. As i taken the same and when looked for the same i did not got it. So if you are having the solution then please let me know about it.

As per your query let me tell you that the back is saved on the default location only but one thing that make is difficult find is known as the bitlocker. The Bitlocker always hide the back for the purpose of encryption so that no one else can use it. So the back up is hidden and can not be seen on the default location. So unhide the same ad check it.

Where the back of the Windows Home Server goes which is taken with the bitlocker encryption
    I think if you raise the same on the Windows Home Server forum then it will be better for you to get the proper solution of your query. So do the same and get rid of your problem. Thanks

BitLocker can also be used to protect fixed and removable data drives. When used with data drives, BitLocker encrypts the entire contents of the drive and can be configured by using Group Policy to require that BitLocker be enabled on a drive before the computer can write data to the drive. BitLocker can be configured with the following unlock methods for data drives: To know more about the same visit the Microsoft