Thread: Login Failed For User - Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 4064

Login Failed For User - Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 4064

Hello, I am having installed the SQL Server instance for WSS 3.0, SQL Server 9.0.4035. If I try to click on the properties of a database, users, tables, or any object within the SQL Server Management Studio then I get the error message as the below, MICROSOFT##SSEE. When I click on properties of a database, users, tables, or any object within SQL Server Management Studio, I get this error:
    Cannot show requested dialog.
    Cannot open user default database. Login failed.
    Login failed for user 'PBTF\user. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 4064)
    If you are having any solution for this, then please help me to solve this problem.

Re: Login Failed For User - Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 4064

Hey, I would suggest you to simply make use of the new Microsoft SQL Server installation and then you will able to get the solution for your problem. It is just needed to make use of the new installation which will simply ask you for the new login details and then simply by providing the new login details you will able to get the solution for your problem, so simply make use of the new setup and get solved for your problem.

Hello, you need to follow the steps below:
    • Open your SQL Express server.
    • Now you will get the Login option where you need to click on the Options button.
    • Here you will get the drop down box as “Connect To Database” where you need to select the option of the “master”
    • Now you will able to get the login successfully.
    • Then simply run the script as below:
      ALTER LOGIN [BUILTIN\Administrators] WITH DEFAULT_DATABASE=master
      GO

Hello, you can simply able to change your default database for the your SQL Server by using the ALTER LOGIN. If you want to checkout your settings then you can simpoy You can check your current settings for all users using sys.server_principals. It may be also possible that you are having mixed mode enabled and if you want to solve that problem then you must need to make use of the enabling of the authentication mode. You can simply upgrade the CTP 15 (build 1187) and solve your problem.

Hello, I think the reinstallation would be the better option. I think your SQL Server is got corrupted and that is why you are getting this kind of error. So, if you want to solve that problem then you must need to make use of the new installation which will simply solve your problem. It is needed to make use of the new installation and solve your problem. It will take few minutes and you will able to solve your problem.