Thread: Integration features not functioning in virtual pc on Windows 7

Integration features not functioning in virtual pc on Windows 7

I have installed Windows 7 64xbit machine and created a number of virtual machines and they are running properly, Most of them run Windows 2003 Server.

I enabled the integration components and I am sharing my D drive using my laptop. The problem is that the integration components are working only 1 time out of every 10 times. Any one can suggest me to search out the solution. Anyone ??

As you told earlier that most of them are windows 2003 server and you know friend it is not a fully supported guest OS. And if we talk about the Integration support then also it wouldn't work properly.

Can you introduce me the error that you got during accessing the integration features of then, We can decide, what is the problem you are facing ?

Windows Virtual PC is compatible to function as a guest OS with the following platforms :

• Windows XP SP3
    • Windows Vista SP2
    • Windows 7

These OS's can be used as the guest OS. Windows Server 2003 is not completely supported as the guest OS. However, For running Windows Server 2003 in Virtual Machine, you could be make sure that you have installed Windows Server 2003 SP2 before installing Integration Services.

You all have given so much helpful information not only jake, I also using this posts to create and establish virtual machines but getting some error when goes to access the integration features.

I clicked on Start menu => All Programs > Windows Virtual PC > Windows XP Mode. It should be start but occurred an error message as described : "Could not enable integration features" What would cause this error message? Anyone are aware about this issue and help me to resolve it.

First of all, I would recommend you to investigate a test for Virtualization feature configuration that Is it turned on in BIOS or not. You may contact the mother board or the computer manufacturer and find out the procedure for enabling Virtualization features in BIOS and enable it.

After enabling the Virtualization feature in BIOS, It is needed to set a password for user account to enable Integration Features. You can follow the procedure for that given below :

1. When it needs a password, click Cancel. Without Integration Feature, you are allowed to logon with an account without any password.
    2. Set a password for your current user.
    3. Click Tools on Windows Virtual PC, choose Enable Integration Features.
    4. Enter the true password and check the box of "Remember my credentials" and click OK to logon.

If the procedure is no longer functioned by you then I would recommend you to uninstall XP mode and install it again and check if it works.

voscom Guest

Re: Integration features not functioning in virtual pc on Windows 7

First of all, I would recommend you to investigate a test for Virtualization feature configuration that Is it turned on in BIOS or not. You may contact the mother board or the computer manufacturer and find out the procedure for enabling Virtualization features in BIOS and enable it.

Re: Integration features not functioning in virtual pc on Windows 7

> Click Tools on Windows Virtual PC, choose Enable Integration Features.

New Windows 7 user, "advanced" (I was REALLY into XP; so I'm a W7 newbie, advanced wannabee).

When I go to my start menu and do "Windows Virtual PC", it just opens a "folder", and I see my VMs (one a complete VM of my previous XP, the other created by XP mode).

However, it is (very confusing to me) just a "folder" not a "virtual machine manager" application.

For ex. you said to click "tools", but my tools are only FOLDER tools!

My start menu / programs - doesn't have "virtual" anything.

Perhaps I did it wrong, I went to Microsoft and downloaded Virtual XP and installed it.

IT RUNS FINE, I just can't seem to find anything about managing, selecting integration (other than mounting the install-supplied ISO of integration features).

Thanks!