Thread: How to archive Video From Mini DV Tape in Mac?

How to archive Video From Mini DV Tape in Mac?

Hello friends,
    I have recently bought a cool new MacBook Pro which is Mac OS X installed in it. I have lots of Mini DV tapes. I want to store all it's video in my computer, but I don't know how to do this. Can anyone tell me how to archive Video From Mini DV Tape in Mac? Please help me.
    Thank you.
    How to archive Video From Mini DV Tape in Mac?

Re: How to archive Video From Mini DV Tape in Mac?

Hey it is very easy to process to transfer your all videos from your Mini DV Tape to Mac. To do this you need only two things that is Firewire cable and imovie software. You get Firewire cable with your camcorder. You have to download and install imovie in your computer. iMovie '09 supports the most popular video formats like AVCHD and MPEG 4, and even the new iFrame video format. iFrame is designed to make importing and editing video fast and easy without taking up a lot of space on your hard drive.

Hey you have to use following steps to archive Video From Mini DV Tape in Mac.
    1.First install movie editing software in your computer.
    2.Now take Firewire cable that you get with your camcorder.
    3.Now connect one part of cable into camcorder's DV port and connect second part of that cable to your computer.
    4.Now your computer will automatically initializes that camcorder and now you can transfer all your video to your computer.

Hey to transfer all your video from your camcorder to your mac computer, you must need Firewire cable and one movie editing software like Final cut pro. If you don't have Firewire cable, then there is no other way to transfer all your video from your camcorder to your mac computer. If you don't have that cable then you have to buy this. I think you have to take Firewire (aka IEEE-1394) cables to do this.

Hey as per my knowledge DV tape is itself very good storage device. I think it is the best way to store your old video there. If you are try to transfer these video to your computer, then it may happened that your that old video may get damaged and become unusable. So to avoid these problem do not try to archive Video From Mini DV Tape in Mac.

Use following steps to archive Video From Mini DV Tape in Mac.
    1.First install good movie editing software in your computer like iMovie, Final Cut Pro and Adobe Premiere in your computer.
    2.Now first switch of your camcorder and connect your camcorder to your computer using Firewire.
    3. Now open your movie editing software and connect your camcorder.
    4.Now you can easily transfer your Video From Mini DV Tape in Mac.

I Want To Know How To Send My Final Cut Projects To A Mini Dv Camcorder. I Am Posting Here Because I Can't Figure Out How To Post And Start A Thread.

You need to use the firewire that will allow you to transfer file from the Final Cut to the Mini DV Camcorder that you are looking for. Just connect the Firewire with the Camcorder and Computer and transfer the file that you are looking for. I am not sure but i think you need 9-pin firewire 800 for same. So if you can then go through the same and see whether this is working for you or not.