Thread: How to restore ithmb iPhone pictures

How to restore ithmb iPhone pictures

I have an apple iphone and contained 250 pictures on it and it crashed. I visited on Apple store and they gave me a new iPhone. When I plugged it in it asked a question about wanting to restore the files to his iPhone and I clicked without getting the message I said yes.

Some of them are getting restored and some of them damaged and the rest remained unrestored. When I look in his My Pictures folder there is an iPod Photo Cash with about 50 folders named F00, F01, etc. Each folder contains 3 or 4 .ithmb files. Each file is 656KB. Under the iPod Photo Cache Folder there is another iPod Photo Cash folder with another 50 folders starting at F00, F01, etc. These folders however contain no files. There is one more iPod Photo Cache folder under this one as well with another 50 folders and no files. Why it happened and how to get absolute files of the pictures...

You need not to worry about that the ithmb will help you to get back the files on your iPhone.

The ithmb files is the raw storage of the files ,you need to use any third party software to convert the ipod ithmb files into normal images. There are so many softwares are available to convert then in normal pictures according to your selected platform.

I don't know anything about this procedure and getting frustrated to lose my picture files, As you mentioned, There are a lot of converters are used but according to the platforms.

I purchased iPhone from Apple stores and running with Macintosh OS and about my hardware configuration. I have 512 MB of RAM memory and 180GB hard disk, This is the normal configuration of my computer system. Cna you suggest me for good software.

Have you any "Photo Database" file within the iPhone ? I am not sure about the proper solution because I am not a user of iPhone but I downloaded an iPhone Photo Cache from the Internet. I figured out the simple structure as follows -

Dir:
    F00 (dir)
    Tnnn.ithmb
    Tnnn.ithmb
    F01 (dir)
    Tnnn.ithmb
    Tnnn.ithmb

Photo Database (file)

I tested the "Photo Database" file and noticed references with Adobe PageMill 3.0. It also references the ithmb's in the "Fnn" directories. There are also tags "mhod" and "mhniL" in there too.

Hello friend,

I got a reliable software for you to convert ithmb files into normal picture files, And also it is best for you because it is only for Mac users.

File Juicer is one of the software which can facilitate you to get your files back using converter procedure.You need to copy the ithmb files from your iPhone to your Mac installed hard disk and use File Jucier to extract the images inside.