Thread: windows 7 comctl32.dll error causing explorer to close

windows 7 comctl32.dll error causing explorer to close

I am getting some unknown error after right choosing manage to click on my computer icon . Windows error closing explorer.exe, then I looked into the event viewer in the application error is comctl32.dll.

I think the particular error is just due to upgrading my vista ultimate to win 7 ultimate and I tried to delete then recreate the partition then do a fresh install of win 7 ultimate, same message is being occurred everytime when goes to the same procedure...???

Windows 7 comctl32.dll error causing explorer to close

Microsoft has launched new version of Windows OS at demand and now the windows 7 is one of the example. It contains a lot of features as compared to previous version of windows and there number of improved features are incorporated within this.

In some cases, When you try to start you Explorer, one of the dll file named as comct132.dll error messages occurred and the explorer goes to close automatically.

This issue is getting up because you have installed a program that has its own, previous version of comctl32.dll and i think it is not compatible with Windows 7 and has replaced the version in the Windows folder.

If you provide me some more information about the hashes of the two comctl32.dll files within your system then I can be able to provide the exact fixing and which one has been replaced. And one thing more,which version of Windows OS, you are using and the hashes for these files.

Currently, I am using Windows 7 Professional. The older Versions tab told there were not older versions and the File Version number is 5.82.7600.16385. I don't now to find out the hash so am unable to provide this information related to hash ? The product Version is 6.1.7600.16385 with the system configuration :

Intel core 2 duo E7200
    MSI p45 platinum zilent
    Power Color ATI HD4850
    Seagate barracuda sata II 320gb
    western digital 40gb IDE for scratch disk..

I was just considering abut if you are getting any associated contents in the program files directory,so those also can create the issues regarding this.

Are you sure about those types of any programs installed that have added additional options to your context menus? One of the user on another forums also asking with same and he was running to install with one of the restricted program known as unlocking. If you are having with same problem then you need to use the shellex program and turned off the context menu for it.