Thread: Changing font color, size, and type in Word document

Changing font color, size, and type in Word document

Hello sir,

I am newbie for Microsoft word, I just made a search and found this forums to solve my confusion or it can be called as issue. I am trying to change the font color, size and type of word document that I have created just. I am not getting any option in the header of the word document.

How would I achieve this,please tell me the perfect solution for this.

First of all, which one edition of the windows you are working because a lot of changes has been made with different versions.

The office 2007 comes with a lot of additional features are included from display to components where as the office 2000 is purely based on the menus management. Office 07 comes with a newly and popular where you need not to click for the menu and select particular choices from the menu,The tags has been added and you have to click on the tag and tag will show you whole menu components for choices.

Tell me, which one version of office you are using currently.

Thanks to introduce me the features of office 07 and it is sure I will install it but the recent problem I have to resolve.

Actually, I am using office 2000 edition and when i write something and need to change the fonts and color then I can't see the tools for changing my text and all of thing. where it has gone and how to get it back.

OK fine, Means you are working on office 2000 and getting such complexity.Your Format bar has been disappeared that is why you are not able to do as.

To get back your Format bar you have to call the toolbar utility,It would be used to reset your entire control bar,you have to follow the steps to get it back :

• Click on the right side of end of the menus control.
    • Select the toolbar control,it would present a long list of tools.
    • Enable the check for Format bar.

Now,you would be able to see the changes on the document and now you can change the fonts and all very easily.

Changing font size

To change the font size of text in word document, just follow the steps :

• Highlight the text you want to change the size .
    • Click on the list of the of numeric font size placed on the next to size list on the format bar. It is set to size 12 by default.
    • After getting listed the numeric list,choose which one you want to set up permanently.
    • Select it and your get a new changed font.

The same procedure would also be applied for changing color and text type,The controls for this activities always tagged with the font control tool.