Thread: Mozilla Firefox has a bug with YouTube in Windows 7

Mozilla Firefox has a bug with YouTube in Windows 7

Hello everyone, I think that Mozilla Firefox has a bug with YouTube in Windows 7 because I am having some issues while staring YouTube in my system with this particular operating system. I am able to log into my account, but after that, I am just waiting to connect to youtube.com. This means that I am not able to search for any of the videos in that particular site. Everything works fine, when I tried the same on my friend's computer with Windows XP. Please provide some help as soon as possible.

Windows 7 has many incompatibility issues

Hello there, you must be aware that Windows 7 has many incompatibility issues. This may be the reason why Mozilla Firefox has a bug with YouTube in Windows 7. Actually, it may not be supporting the version of the browser that you have installed in the system. So, if you install or upgrade the browser to the latest version, I can assure you that your problem will be solved.

Update Adobe Flash to the latest version

You will have to remember that if you update Adobe Flash to the latest version, then the problem that Mozilla Firefox has a bug with YouTube in Windows 7 will be solved. The reason for this is that the site of YouTube has given this requirement. Actually, you may be able to search for the videos, but not be able to play the same. But, your issue is weird because, you can't even search for the videos.

Upgradation or installation to Windows 7 must be avoided

It is always recommended that the upgradation or installation to Windows 7 must be avoided, otherwise you will have to face issues like Mozilla Firefox has a bug with YouTube in Windows 7. You have mentioned that everything worked fine in the Windows XP operating system. There are no problems with that operating system, then why is there a need to switch the operating system. So, I think that you must degrade the operating system that you are using.

Change to Windows Vista

I will suggest that you must change to Windows Vista, if Mozilla Firefox has a bug with YouTube in Windows 7. If you want to have a change from the older operating system, then Windows Vista would be my suggestion to you. You must have noted that all the features, that are provided by the Windows 7 operating system as similar to Windows Vista. So, it is better to use Windows Vista, as it does not have any incompatibility problems as such.

Reasons why Windows 7 must not be used

There are problems like Mozilla Firefox has a bug with YouTube in Windows 7 due to which this particular platform is being rated as very bad. Here are some reasons why Windows 7 must not be used:
    1. Windows 7 is built on the same old infrastructure.
    2. There are no problems with Windows XP and Windows Vista.
    3. There are many incompatibility issues with the applications and programs, that run fine in the older versions of the Windows operating system.
    4. Windows 7 is very expensive.

Windows7Guy Guest

Re: Mozilla Firefox has a bug with YouTube in Windows 7

Hello Mariah,

Have you checked compatibility?
    Just an FYI for you.

It is always best to check with the software manufacturer FIRST. They will tell you if they have tested the product and the version, as well as whether or not it will work with Windows 7.
    Check out the Windows 7 Compatibility site: (There you will find out about hardware and software compatibility.)
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/com...s/default.aspx
    There is a pulldown from which you can choose "hardware" and "software".

There are also some great articles, instructional videos and such to help with your Windows 7 at our Springboard site:
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/default.aspx

In any event a lot of the times, Vista drivers will work in lieu of Windows 7 drivers, however, it's not 100%!

As stated previously, it's best to have the Windows 7 certified drivers installed.
    Thanks again,
    John M.
    Microsoft Windows Client Support