Thread: DNS error with linksys router using windows 7

DNS error with linksys router using windows 7

I am using Linksys router for connection with the internet and getting some problem after connection. I can't stay connected to the net for more than 20 minutes without it crashing.T This is the list of my configuration:

Window 7 64 bit 7100 build,
    Asus M3N78-VM ,
    Phenom 3x core 8750 processor,
    8Gb RAM

I executed manually trouble shooter, and it FOUND: Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource (DNS server) is not responding. Someone can help me out.

Thanks
    Last edited by Netorious; 26-03-2010 at 10:55 PM.

DNS error with linksys router

Hello,
    If you are connected using linksys router and unable to connect or can't stay the connection for a long time. Netgears, DLink and a some others have related issue for a long with windows 7 drivers.

The drivers can causes this error to perform well in the connection functionality. You need to disable the driver signing and remove the drivers and made a fresh installation in Vista/XP Compact Mode.

Thanks

You can use to resolve this issue with OpenDns search the web for it. It facilitates the free of charge service and you can sigh up . IF your ISP Dns servers are flaky then it would be another option. The simple version open your routers configuration within your browser and check the DNS settings then you would found DNS Servers 0.0.0.0

Use these 208.67.222.222

IF the particular solution is not working well then I would say that it is either a hardware,driver,or just the ISP service.

You can't stay connected to internet means your connection is getting refused after 20 minutes.

In this situation with your Nvidia chipset, it could simply be an ethernet driver issue, only specified drivers are able to perform well when using Windows 7 on certain boards. So you need to try another Nvidia eithernet drivers and test the quality to install that until you can get another one which can be compatible to operate the network activity within Windows 7. I will suggest you to go for 15.50 series driver can be beneficial for you.