Thread: Deleting files from %temp%

Deleting files from %temp%

Hello, I am on Vista Home Premium and mostly all the disc space of my hard drive is fully occupied and there is not much enough space left in my pc. So I thought to defragment it but I kept getting an error which was something called as not enough disk space to perform this action. I researched to solve this issue on google and came up with a video solution that showed me we can delete some files in %temp% which will free some disc space. Before doing this I thought it might be good whether it is safe to do it or not? Thanks.

Re: Deleting files from %temp%

I dont understand why cant you do a disk cleanup by going into start button, then all programmes, then accessories, and then system tools disk cleanup so easily? If you just click on yes to perform disk cleanup it will automatically erase all data's that were not so required and were filled in your hard drive. Now if you got atleast of a 15 to 20 % free space, you can eventually start defragmentation on your drive. Once started then wait for sometime to completely finish the fragmentation atleast for few hours.

Try the 3 steps to easily clean up your disk space rather than deleting files from the temp folder:

1) Download and run Ccleaner which will remove/repair registry settings
    http://www.ccleaner.com/download

2) Or use a Free registry cleanup from Microsoft http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/center/cleanup.htm

3. start, All Programs, accessories, System Tools and click Disk Cleanup

There is another way to delete files from yThis program lets you delete all temp folders for all user accounts (temp, IE temp, java, FF, Opera, Chrome, Safari), including Administrator, All Users, LocalService, NetworkService, and any other accounts in the user folder. It also cleans out the %systemroot%\temp folder and checks for .tmp files in the %systemdrive% root folder, %systemroot%, and the system32 folder (both 32bit and 64bit on 64bit OSs). It shows the amount removed for each location found (in bytes) and the total removed (in MB). Before running it will stop Explorer and all other running apps. When finished, if a reboot is required the user must reboot to finish clearing any in-use temp files.

Frankly speaking, you will get minimal results if you want to clean out Temp files. Normally you should look for things like deleting or uninstalling any applications or softwares that you might be hardly using. Or even better you can delete data's such as music files and/or videos, images, etc. Rather than deleting you can also burn such data's on CD's or DVD's so that you can get some dick spaces on your comp.
    you know you've made it big on here when you have your own imposter

Why dont you buy a new Hard drive? This will be the easiest method for you to save more data's and more space if you got the penny to buy it? In any case if you dont want to invest in new hadr drive then here's what you can do to delete the Contents of the Temporary Files Folder:

1. Quit Internet Explorer and quit any instances of Windows Explorer.
    2. Click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Internet Options.
    3. On the General tab, click Delete Files under Temporary Internet Files.
    4. In the Delete Files dialog box, click to select the Delete all offline content check box , and then click OK.
    5. Click OK.