Thread: Windows 7 random freezes - Potential Solution

Windows 7 random freezes - Potential Solution

I am running with windows 7 and experiencing with the freezing. The computer is going simply freeze, mouse wouldn't move, keyboard wouldn't respond after using windows 7 and it didn't happened earlier with XP or vista .
    Then they got worse, and taking much time means 1 or 2 minuets to start the computer in normal mode, very consistently. Can anyone help me to fix this issue ?

This is first suggestion by me is that you need to unplug all unnecessary peripherals and other devices from the computer with proper manner, and start the computer in Windows safe mode using F8 during the booting time of computer system to check that it is a third-party software/hardware compatibility problem or the related to system itself.

If the same problem is being occurred in safe mode of window then just download and execute the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor to get the proper reason for this very problem.

For troubleshooting the freezing related problem with the system,you need to look at the process control manager provided by the windows system.

Open the windows task manger and look for the services or running processes which is taking much memory of the computer to run other programs,If you are getting any services or processes taking large CPU usage then investigate about that and free the CPU usage to troubleshoot.You can manage it from the control panel =Administrative tools=> Services to configure the running services.

There are so many reason are responsible to occur this type of issue. As the above post said,You can test the system to boot into safe mode then find the appropriate solution for errors.

Click on Start menu and type msconfig in the RUN box . A dialog box of msconfig utility would be appeared and just disable EVERYTHING in both the start up and services tabs. Now reboot the computer into normal mode and find out the performance than earlier . If you are getting some changes then try to find out which one process or services causing this issue and disable them permanently.

Windows 7 random freezes - fixing the faulty service

I was also suffering from the same problem but i got the reason of error.In my case, the service in issue was Workstation which is very close to the dll file named wksvcc.dll that requires replacing to solve my machine's freezing issue.

I moved to get the service's .dll file name and after some hours searching for a method to solve the problem of the corrupted service, then fix the service to rename the dll files with the appropriate name.