Thread: Content Manipulation of MS Office with XML files

Content Manipulation of MS Office with XML files

Hello friends,
    I have recently started with the topic of XML files. So you can consider me as newbie in XML. I also know about the programming languages (little bit). While going through an assignment I came to know that we can use the XML files for the content manipulation of the Microsoft Office. Since, I was not having any idea about it, I never tried to search it anywhere. So, please provide an information about a Content Manipulation of MS Office with XML files Hoping that someone would help me soon.!!

Re: Content Manipulation of MS Office with XML files

Microsoft Office Word 2007 provides a very flexible alternative that allows developers to insert content within documents. The Open XML format allows you to add to container structure document fragments and references that may activate the entire document to open it in Word. This alternative, powerful, means that libraries can create document fragments obtained from other Word documents or even from external sources, and reused when needed by program within Word-based document solutions.

In order to optimize performance on tasks of reading from disk and save files and their size, files, Excel 2007 only keep a copy of repetitive text in the Excel file. This Excel 2007 implements a table of shared strings part of a document called [strings.xml]. Each unique value located within the text book is listed once in this part. The individual cells of spreadsheets make references to this table of text strings to get their values.

In addition to optimizing the size of XML files in Excel, this process introduces some very interesting opportunities to create solutions that manipulate the contents. Within a multinational organization can benefit from the shared string table to get instances of the same document in different languages. Instead of creating Excel workbooks for each language unique, one book you can use tables for text strings in different languages. Another possibility is the use of tables of text to search for keywords within a series of Excel workbooks. The processing of text strings within an XML document is much faster and easier than having to manipulate the Excel object model on many books and worksheets.
    Just a reply to say thank you for these links and posts I have a lot to read and learn now!

In a PowerPoint presentation saved as Open XML format, the content is easily accessible. As the first version of PowerPoint that provides an XML format, it opens many new scenarios that were simply not possible in previous versions. Developers can now have full access to the slides and notes as text. Solutions based on search index creation and presentation of content are now possible. The presentations run from data can now easily generate using XML. By the same token, developers can access the master files and presentation templates from XML to format parts programmatically current or new submissions.
    Dimension 1100 (FMY032J) mini-tower
    2.53ghz Intel Pentium 4
    80 gig nfts HDD
    512 RAM
    Main circuit board: Dell 0CF458
    BIOS: Dell A00
    Display: Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller [Display adaptor]
    Multimedia: Sound MAX Integrated Digital Audio
    Windows XP Home SP2