Thread: How to create an Office Open XML files?

How to create an Office Open XML files?

Hello everyone,
    I have recently started working on the Office Open XML files. This is the new topic for me in Microsoft Office application. Now I want to know that how can I extend and customize the applications in Microsoft Office System. Since, you guys have helped me a lot, I thought to ask you this doubt.!! Please tell me how to create an Office Open XML files? Since, I am new to this topic, please provide the detailed information.!!

Re: Information about an Office Open XML files?

With the 2007 Microsoft Office system, introduction of new file formats has been made by Microsoft for Word, Excel and PowerPoint which are based on the specification file format Office Open XML. Office documents stored in this new format is structured within ZIP files called packages. Within a package, the content itself is stored in elements known as components. The components are generally stored internally as XML documents whose content is structured according to the published XML schemas.

Re: How to create an Office Open XML files?

First, you must create a new file package using Package Class WindowsBase shown by the assembly that is part of .NET Framework 3.0. Second, you must create one or more components within the package and write to them the content they need. In the case of a file .Docx simple, just create the component with a uniform resource identifier (URI) / word / document.xml and write WordprocessingML content in that component to create the Word document classic "Hello World". These are some basic steps for creating the Office Open XML files.

Before creating the Office Open XML files, you should have an idea about the relationship. There are two types of relationships. First, there are package relationships that define an association between a package and its upstream components .Docx files created using Microsoft Office Word 2007 / docProps / app.xml, / docProps / core.xml and / word / document.xml. Secondly, there are relationships that define a component of parent / child relationship between two components of the package. Component / word / document.xml typically has relationships with different secondary compounds such as / word / settings.xml and / word / styles.xml.

A very important concept to understand is that a user-oriented application should be able to find any component included in a package by listing their relationships. In fact, when writing their own applications that read packages created by other applications like Word and Excel, you should find the existing components through the list of relations. The structure of a package file format Office Open XML is highly dependent on relationships. As I mentioned, if you create components but does not associate with the package through relationships, user-oriented applications (like Word) may not recognize them. That is the reason that each component must have a relation or chain of relationships being associated with the package that contains it.

You should have some idea about what it takes to create documents for Word, Excel and PowerPoint files using the Open XML file formats of Office. In theory, simple. All you have to do is create a new package file, add the necessary components and filling them with structured XML content according to the corresponding XML schemas. But although the theory is simple, take some time to learn all the details. If working with Word documents, you must learn what type of components included in a package and how they are structured in terms of type of content and relationships. You should also learn to generate WordprocessingML included in each of these components. If you want to work with Excel spreadsheets, content types and relationships will be different. Instead of using WordprocessingML, you must learn to use SpreadsheetML. Require an investment on your part if you want to generate the XML needed to create documents from scratch containing elements such as tables, graphics and formatting.