Thread: Error Message while trying to Save a file in Excel 2007

Error Message while trying to Save a file in Excel 2007

Hi friends,
    I am having the Microsoft Office 2007, and I am facing strange problem with it. I normally use the MS Excel for doing my work. When I am trying to save the file in Excel 2007, I am getting an error. I have reinstalled this application once, but still the problem is persisting. Please provide me the solution for error message which comes while trying to save a file in Excel 2007. Hoping that someone would help me soon.!!
    Do not email me asking for tech support. Any private support is billable at $50 an hour.

Re: Error Message while trying to Save a file in Excel 2007

This problem occurs when the process used by Excel to save a file is interrupted. For example, if you save to an external drive as a network drive, the connection was deleted. Or, if you record on a removable disk like a floppy disk has been removed. To continue to work with this file, save the workbook on another drive. You must restore the connection or correct the problem with the original target drive before saving this drive again.

When you work in a file, Microsoft Excel saves the file with a temporary filename and place the file in the same folder as the original file. When you save your file, the original file is then deleted and the temporary file is renamed with the name of the original file. If this process is interrupted, your file may not be registered correctly or you may find one or more temporary files in the folder where you tried to save your file. In addition, one or more warnings or errors may appear.

Many times an error is generated as "Can not access read-only document <filename>". The drive that you save is a network drive and you do not have sufficient privileges to save on that drive. Save on your local hard disk or a floppy disk. By doing this, the above problem will be fixed. And if you are getting error message as "The disk is full", then the drive that you did not save enough space for temporary files. Delete some files from the current drive and save to another drive.

The process was interrupted while creating the temporary file because you pressed ESC, some hardware failure or software or other media problem occurred. The original file remains intact and, unless your computer or workstation failed, the version of the file containing your current changes is still open in memory. Save the file to another drive. If your computer or workstation he failed, you can use the original file. You should also know that any changes in the last revision will be lost.
    Dimension 1100 (FMY032J) mini-tower
    2.53ghz Intel Pentium 4
    80 gig nfts HDD
    512 RAM
    Main circuit board: Dell 0CF458
    BIOS: Dell A00
    Display: Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller [Display adaptor]
    Multimedia: Sound MAX Integrated Digital Audio
    Windows XP Home SP2

The process was interrupted during the removal of the original or rename the temporary file. This problem occurs for the same reasons as the scenario described in the section 'document not saved' or 'Document not completely saved' ". In this case, your original file is gone (though the temporary file may be readable). If your computer or workstation failed, use the temporary file. If the interruption was caused by another process, the version of the file containing your current changes is still open in memory. Save the file to another drive.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signatureto help him gain world domination