Thread: Error while shutting down .pst file or the .ost file in Outlook 2007

Error while shutting down .pst file or the .ost file in Outlook 2007

Hi friends,
    I have installed Microsoft Office 2007 in my system, and I am facing problems while shutting down some specific files. Normally an error comes when I shut down the .pst file or the .ost file. An error stats that
    • Outlook cannot open the data file filename until it has been checked for problems.

So please give me some solution for an error that is coming while shutting down .pst file or the .ost file in Outlook 2007 Thanks in Advance.!!
    ~*~Silent~Kid~*~
    "To The World You May Be Just One Person, But To One Person You May Be The World"

Re: Error while shutting down .pst file or the .ost file in Outlook 2007

If you receive this error messages, you may experience performance problems until Outlook finished the conciliation process. Ost file or the. Pst file. You will able to see gear icon is displayed in the status bar while Outlook checks the data file in the background. In such cases, you will have to update your MS Office 2007 version. Once that gets updated, I think that your problem might be fixed.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signatureto help him gain world domination

If you are running Outlook 2007 SP1 without the cumulative update for February 2009 and exit Outlook while you are present the gear icon, conciliation must restart the next time you run Outlook. In this case, I would like to recommend that you leave Outlook running until the gear icon disappears before leaving Outlook.
    Dimension 1100 (FMY032J) mini-tower
    2.53ghz Intel Pentium 4
    80 gig nfts HDD
    512 RAM
    Main circuit board: Dell 0CF458
    BIOS: Dell A00
    Display: Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller [Display adaptor]
    Multimedia: Sound MAX Integrated Digital Audio
    Windows XP Home SP2

Close down incorrectly .Ost file or the .Pst file can be produced by one of the following reasons :
    1. File Scan antivirus
    2. Microsoft Windows forced off before the process Outlook.exe closes completely
    3. Outlook add-ins

If you see this problem frequently, and have to exit Outlook shortly before shutting down the computer, it may be better for you to shut down Windows while Outlook is still running.

The rules that move elements of its default store to another store can cause performance problems when Outlook downloads emails. These performance problems are prevalent especially if you are running Outlook with the update. If you are using rules to move mail from POP3 account to another store, you can use the new functionality in Outlook 2007 that lets you change the delivery location for the POP3 account.

I would suggest you to use a POP3 account, you can avoid this problem by setting your destination folder for all rules in the same Outlook store. Then use the AutoArchive feature to move messages out of the way masiva.Para default store more information about how to configure the AutoArchive feature. For using the new functionality in Outlook 2007, follow the steps :
    1. On the Tools menu, click Accounts and then select the POP3 account in the list.
    2. Click Change folder in the bottom of the dialog box to select a folder in the separate store you want to give that account.

before you open your Outlook run Scanpst.exe on both the .OST and ,PST files. this will fix any corruption in the files and you should not have the problem again. You can find the Scanpst.exe file c:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12. just double click on the exe file and follow the directions.