Thread: How to use Advanced Font ligatures in Microsoft Office 2010?

How to use Advanced Font ligatures in Microsoft Office 2010?

As the Microsoft Office 2010 is new and having lots of new and advance feature added to the same. So i am also trying to make something with it. So can any one tell me How to use Advanced Font ligatures in Microsoft Office 2010? so that i can make the stylish set of font and many more thing with the Font. A help may be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to use Advanced Font ligatures in Microsoft Office 2010?

This is really a nice feature added by the Microsoft on Office 2010. If you need to make advance font ligatures then all you have to do is to open the console of the word and then go to the home tab and then click on the font ribbon and then open the font dialog box and now jump to advance tab and then on the OpenType section where you can manage the ligatures. Hope that you will like it.

I have gone through all the detail specified by you but did not get anything as i am new for the Microsoft Office 2010 that is why i am having the less knowledge about the same. So if you become more clearer and specific about the complete procedure then it will be easier for me to achieve the same that we are talking about.

OK, Here i am explaining the complete procedure in detail so that you can achieve it properly as you have not got it in previous reply. So perform the same with the given step.
    1. Start the MS Word
    2. Click on Home Tab
    3. Go to Font tab
    4. Open Font properties
    5. Now Go to Advance Tab
    6. On the OpenType Section manage the ligatures from the ligatures option
    7. Check the preview on the below given space

All the best

I don't think so you have to follow this much long procedure to perform the ligatures as there is an alternative for the same available. For that just Select the word or sentence whose ligatures you want to make and then right click on the same. Now Select the Font from the context menu. After that click on Advance tab and then to OpenType followed by the ligatures. Thats it!!!!!!!

Dr. V Guest

If you are using the Microsoft Publisher 2010 and want to make the Advanced Font ligatures in the same then you will have to open the same font properties Windows but there is no advance tab all the control of the ligatures and stylistic set are available on the Font window only and preview is also available on the same.