Thread: Troubleshoot problems while trying to activate Office 2007

Troubleshoot problems while trying to activate Office 2007

Hi everyone,
    I am facing a problem while installing the Microsoft Office 2007. Whenever I am trying to install an application I am getting the following error :
    • Your software cannot be activated because the product key you installed with is not valid. Please uninstall the software and reinstall it using a valid product key.

I have inserted the proper key code, then also it is showing this error message. So I want some help from your side as soon as possible. Please tell me how to troubleshoot problems while trying to activate Office 2007?

Re: Troubleshoot problems while trying to activate Office 2007

This problem may occur if you installed an OEM copy of Office and if you have already installed and activated the same OEM copy on another computer. OEM copies of Office 2007 can be activated on one computer. You should know that you can remove and reinstall Office with the same product key on one computer. Some activation problems indicate that a file is damaged Opa12.dat to a 2007 Office product.

When you start a 2007 Office product that worked correctly before, an error message indicating that significant changes have been made to the configuration of the computer. Besides this error, you may also experience one or more of the following :
    1. When you try to activate the product Office 2007 Activation Wizard disappears.
    2. When you try to activate Office 2007 product on the Internet, an error message appears on the statement.
    3. After installing Office 2007 suite, when you try to activate, the Activation Wizard does not start. No error message is displayed.

In such cases I would like to suggest you to replace the Office or contact to the Online service of Microsoft.

Sometimes it happens that when you try to activate the 2007 Office product by phone. However, after entering the confirmation ID provided by the support staff, you hear an error message indicating that the confirmation ID is invalid. When you start a 2007 Office product that worked correctly before, this product runs in reduced functionality mode. When you start an evaluation product Office 2007 for the first time after the activation process of licensing, product evaluation Office 2007 runs in reduced functionality mode and the Activation Wizard Microsoft Office appears. Some activation problems indicate that a file is damaged Opa12.dat to a 2007 Office product. In this case, a symptom experienced is that the product does not pass the Office Genuine Advantage validation.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signatureto help him gain world domination

If you try to install an OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) of a 2007 Office product on another computer, remember that you can install the OEM version only on a single computer. You must purchase a retail version of Office 2007 to another computer. Also verify that the settings for date and time are correct on the computer, which can be done in following manner :
    Click Start, Run, type timedate.cpl, and then click OK. If the parameters of time or date is incorrect, correct them.
    Dimension 1100 (FMY032J) mini-tower
    2.53ghz Intel Pentium 4
    80 gig nfts HDD
    512 RAM
    Main circuit board: Dell 0CF458
    BIOS: Dell A00
    Display: Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller [Display adaptor]
    Multimedia: Sound MAX Integrated Digital Audio
    Windows XP Home SP2

Check if you are using a trial version of 2007 Office product by following these steps :
    1. Start Microsoft Office Word 2007.
    2. Click Microsoft Office.
    3. Click program name Options.
    4. In the navigation pane, click Resources.
    5. Click on About opposite About Microsoft Office Word 2007.

Check if the version of Office 2007 has expired, by doing the following steps :
    1. Start Word 2007.
    2. Click Microsoft Office.
    3. Click program name Options.
    4. In the navigation pane, click Resources.
    5. Click Enable next to Enable Microsoft Office.
    Last edited by Bigga Lexx; 24-03-2010 at 01:26 AM.
    Just a reply to say thank you for these links and posts I have a lot to read and learn now!

If you are using the Windows XP, then follow the steps :
    1. Click Start, click Run, type %ALLUSERSPROFILE% \ Application Data \ Microsoft \ Office \ Data, then click OK.
    2. Locate the Opa12.dat file in the Data folder.
    3. Click the right mouse button on the Opa12.dat file, then click Delete. You should not delete the file Opa12.bak.
    4. Close the file.
    5. Start a 2007 Office program to start the 2007 Office Activation Wizard.

When you uninstall the 2007 Office product, the license file is not deleted. In addition, this file is not overwritten when you reinstall the 2007 Office product. By removing the Opa12.dat file, you force the program to recreate the license file.