Thread: Flash player installation problem in linux

Flash player installation problem in linux

Hello,
    I tried unsuccessfully to install adobe flash player on my linux computer system. In fact, when I try to install it, my computer tells me that files containing programs are underway and as I did would not close, I could not install Adobe flash player.
    My question is: how to close the program?
    If you have an answer to this question and also if you have an other alternate solution for this then please let me know.
    www.techarena.in

Re: Flash player installation problem in linux

Hello,
    What is your distribution, so it will be easier to help you install flash player. To install flash player, did you download it on Internet, or you used the package manager of your distribution? I think the version that is the distribution is also considered in installation of the flash player, because they have different download copies for different distributions. So, what is the linux distribution which you have using?

Hey,
    The same is the problem even with my operating system. What do you mean by distribution? How do you distribute? and above can you tell me how to close all programs containing files that tell me I can not install adobe flash player, because that "files management program" for the file, such as update, etc., are open. I am pretty new the linux world , so any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: problem in installing flash player in linux

Hello,
    Distribution, eg Ubuntu, Gentoo, Debian ... etc. Ensure you have closed all the package manager or software that can use the package manager. Other alternative is to go into your file manager. Display High hidden files and create folder plugins folder .mozilla and just copy the file. Before you close all applications using Adobe Flash Player. I hope you are getting the point here.

For more about the linux distribution you can visit here
    Which is the Best Linux Distribution of 2009
    What is the best linux distribution for a beginner?

Hello,
    Is it located in your plugins folder? In addition, the home directory is "extension" and I installed the plugin with the package manager. Also tell me what distribution you use? The files are loading a file to open certain program file type. Mplayer for example load a file. So to open the mkv and another. So do need to open the flv. I guess this information will help you.

Hello,
    Some tips for you ( ubuntu operating system considered here)

Install Flash Player 10 (Ubuntu )
    1. Close all instances of your browser.
    2. go to Applications> accessories> Terminal. Type: sudo apt-get install adobe-flashplugin
    3. Reopen your web browser. Ensure that your installation of Flash Player was successful by displaying an animation test: Test Flash Player.

Package is not found?
    Flash player is available in the Canonical partner repository. Default, access to this repository should already be set. If you can not find package adobe-flashplugin, make sure you have activated access to this repository:
    1. Open System> Administration> Sources of updates;
    2. Open the Software of third parties;
    3. Check the box enabling the filing http://archive.canonical.com ;
    4. Close this window
    5. Open Terminal, type: sudo apt-get update & & sudo apt-get install adobe-flashplugin