Thread: Windows Photo Gallery Running different program

Windows Photo Gallery Running different program

Hi,
    I am using Windows Photo Gallery as my default folder to view my files. But from last few days I am finding something unusual issue on my computer. I had found that the photo gallery is not working properly. This can be a virus. What is happening here is, when I double click on any tool in the photo gallery instead of opening up the photo notepad, calculator, video player, etc programs are running and this makes my PC extremely slow. What to do here to deal with that.

Re: Windows Photo Gallery Running different program

This is can be because of your files default settings might have been changed. Right click on any photo in your folder and then go to open with. Then go to the end choose a program from the list. From the box choose the application you want the image for viewing. The there is small tick box below showing use always this to open file. Click it and then give OK.

I will advice you to re-install the Windows Photo Gallery. This can be due to some file corruption in Windows Photo Gallery. Just do this. Go go download.live.com and then click on the photo-gallery. Now download the fresh copy of the application and run the installation. Now reboot your computer and then check back that weather it is working or not.

Many of the folder in vista you can see have a small image of inside picture on the folder. This gives the thumbnail view of the picture and provide some information on it. I think there are possibilities of corrupt pictures in the folder. The tags are corrupted. This is related some hidden file which work behind this. You will need to set the preferences for the files t view them back again.

Just right click on the file and then click on properties. Now choose open with and provide the proper app to the file which you want see it. Here you can also click on Choose Default Program. Then just exit that and try back again. Now the files in the folder are assigned with default programs which is needed to view your files. You can manually assign also.

In Windows Photo Gallery click on the file and then click on Security tab.Check that you have a full control over the file or not. Now go to advance and then check the settings. Most probably that can be a error in your application. This is because of too much application which associate themselves with a file format during the installation. Try to re-install Photo Gallery.