Thread: WordArt gradient fill prints incorrectly in Publisher 2003

WordArt gradient fill prints incorrectly in Publisher 2003

Hi everybody,
    I am facing problem while printing a publication in Microsoft Office Publisher 2003 (also in Publisher 2007) that contains a WordArt object with a gradient fill. Whenever I am trying to print that the fill is printing incorrectly.!! I don't know the exact reason of causing it. But I am sure that you guys can help me to sort this problem out. Please tell me some solution for WordArt gradient fill that prints incorrectly in Publisher 2003!! Need help as soon as possible.!!

Re: WordArt gradient fill prints incorrectly in Publisher 2003

When you print a publication in Microsoft Office Publisher 2007 or Microsoft Office Publisher 2003 that contains a WordArt object with a gradient fill, the fill may print incorrectly. Instead of the stuffing to cover all the letters in WordArt object, the gradient fill in each character can restart the WordArt object. This issue does not affect WordArt objects where the axis of the gradient fill is aligned with the base line of text. For example, an image of WordArt object with horizontal text and horizontal gradient fill will print correctly.
    Dimension 1100 (FMY032J) mini-tower
    2.53ghz Intel Pentium 4
    80 gig nfts HDD
    512 RAM
    Main circuit board: Dell 0CF458
    BIOS: Dell A00
    Display: Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller [Display adaptor]
    Multimedia: Sound MAX Integrated Digital Audio
    Windows XP Home SP2

This problem may occur when you print the publication as separations or as composite cyan-magenta-yellow-black (CMYK). To do this in the Print dialog box, click Advanced Print Settings. Hope that you will find the option over there to fix the problem that you have mentioned. To avoid this problem, export the WordArt as a graphic file (image) and then replace the WordArt with the image file at the publication.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signatureto help him gain world domination

I would like to suggest you to export the WordArt as a Windows metafile (WMF). The following steps can be helpful for doing the same :
    1. Right-click or right-click the WordArt object, and then click Save as Picture.
    2. In the dialog box change the Save as type Windows Metafile (*. wmf). Type a filename in the file name box and then click Save.
    3. Click with the right-click the WordArt object in your publication, and then click Delete Object.
    4. On the Insert menu, select Picture, and then click From File.
    5. Select the image you saved in step 2, and then click Insert.

To ensure that the exported graph is the same size as the original WordArt object, click no change to change the desktop resolution printing (150 dpi). Since the Windows metafile will be vector based, this setting affects only how large the graphic will appear to import it.
    QTechnology Ultra-Quiet ATX PSU 460W I MSI K8N Neo4-F I AMD Opteron 144 CABNE0545 2.66Ghz I 2 x 512MB RAM I 380GB Maxtor SATAI Raid0 Hard Drive I 40GB Maxtor IDE Hard Drive I Nvidia GeForce 7900GTX I Win XP Home Service Pack 2 I Soundblaster Xtreme Fidelity Fatal1ty I Mercury Home Theater HT-4500

Also try to export the WordArt as Tagged Image File Format by using the following steps :
    1. Right-click or right-click the WordArt object, and then click Save as Picture.
    2. In the dialog box change the Save as type to Tag Image File Format (*. tif).
    3. Type a file name of the file name box.
    4. Click change.
    5. In the Change Resolution dialog box, click Commercial printing (300 dpi) and then click OK.
    6. In the dialog box, click Save.
    7. Click with the right-click the WordArt object in your publication, and then click Delete Object.
    8. On the Insert menu, select Picture, and then click From File.
    9. Select the image you saved in steps 2 through 6, and then click Insert.

You can also Publish as PDF or XPS file. For publishing it as PDF or XPS file, follow the instructions :
    1. In Publisher 2007, click Publish as PDF or XPS file menu.
    2. In the list of Save as type dropdown, select PDF.
    3. Click Save to desktop under.
    4. Change other details as desired and then click publish.
    5. Quit Publisher 2007.
    6. On the desktop, double-click the PDF file to open the PDF file in a program and then print the file.

This method is only available in Microsoft Office Publisher 2007. This method requires the use of a third party product to print the file.