Thread: iPhoto is not responding in Mac.

iPhoto is not responding in Mac.

Hello to all,
    I have MacBook which has Mac OS X installed in it. Last night, to free up some space, I deleted some of the images or photos from the iphoto. After that I shut down my computer. When I open my computer, I found that I unable to access iphoto application. I don't know why iPhoto is not responding in Mac. Anyone else having the same problem. Please help me.
    Thank you.

Re: iPhoto is not responding in Mac.

Have you delete all your photos from library in finder? If yes then it would be some big problem. This is because due to deletion of photos from the file, your application will not able to find photos. As per my information iPhoto application organizes its files in the proper way and if you are tried to do with organization of songs , then you will tried to stop him working. In this you have to rebuild your photos to fix this problem.

As per my information you have to rebuild your iPhoto library to fix this problem.
    To rebuild the iPhoto library you have to use following steps.
    • Quit iPhoto if it is open.
    • Hold down the Command and Option keys on the keyboard.
    • Open iPhoto.
    • Keep the keys held down until you are prompted to rebuild the library.
    • A dialog will appear with rebuild options. Select the options you want to use.
    • Click Rebuild to begin the rebuild process. This may take a few minutes to complete.

You have to use following steps to fix this problem.
    1.Locate the iPhoto Library folder in the Finder. It usually located in your Pictures folder.
    2.Select the iPhoto Library, then choose File > Get Info.
    3.In the Info window, be sure that the checkbox for "Locked" is not selected.
    4.Click the disclosure triangle next to Ownership & Permissions, as well as the one for Details (if it is not already open).
    5.Make sure you are the owner of this folder and have read/write permission. If not, click the lock icon next to the owner name.
    6.If prompted to authenticate, enter an administrator username and password.
    7.Change the Owner and Owner Access settings if needed so that you are the owner and the access for the owner is Read & Write.
    8.Click the button that says Apply to Enclosed Items.
    9.If prompted to authenticate, enter an administrator username and password.
    10.At the next prompt, click OK.

I think your iPhoto application is corrupted or get damaged and that's why you are getting this problem. In this case you have to re-install your iPhoto application to fix this problem. Just uninstall iPhoto application from your computer and then try to install new version of it. After this you will not get any problem.