Thread: Problem in playing AVI and MKV file on Windows Media Player

Problem in playing AVI and MKV file on Windows Media Player

I have some video files which are of the .avi and .mkv format but i am having problem in playing those files on the Windows media player. So there is issue in playing AVI and MKV file on Windows Media Player on my desktop computer system. How can i resolve this video playback issue. When i try to play the video file then player shows that error downloading codec. and in some files only audio is played by the WMP.

Re: Problem in playing AVI and MKV file on Windows Media Player

You have the desktop computer system in which there is problem in playback of some video files in the Windows Media Player. You are not able to watch the .avi and .mkv video files on the desktop using the Windows Media Player. The player is showing the codec download error. It seems like you have not installed the codec pack in your system because of which you are getting this problem. Install the codec pack in the computer and after that this issue will be resolved.

You have not mentioned the operating system you are using in your desktop computer system. You will have to download the codec pack according to the operating system you are using in the desktop computer system. If you are using the Windows XP operating system then download the Codec pack compatible with the Windows XP operating system. Similarly for the Windows Vista and Windows 7 operating systems.

I think you should download the K-Lite Mega Codec Pack software for your desktop computer system and this is compatible with the Windows XP , Windows Vista and also with the Windows 7 operating system. You can download the K-Lite Mega Codec Pack directly from here. After that you will be able to see the .avi and .mkv video files on your computer system.

I think you should download and install the media player software which can play the .avi and .mkv video files by default without installing the codec pack separately in the computer. You can download and install the latest version of the VLC Media Player software in your computer system which can playe these video files by default.

Thre are many other codec packs and the Media player software available in the market which can play these files easily but the above mentioned codec pack and the VLC media player is best amongst those. So if you want then you can also download and install the other codec pack or the media player software in your desktop computer system for resolving this video playback issue.