Thread: Itunes cannot run because it detects an issue with QuickTime

Itunes cannot run because it detects an issue with QuickTime

Hi,

I have a installed itunes on my windows xp pc. Every time I click the iTunes shortcut, I get this error message saying: "iTunes can not run because it detects a problem with QuickTime. For repair instructions, click Help." I tried pressing the help button, but does not open. I also uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes many times but I am not able to solve this problem. What should I do to resolve this error ?

Re: Itunes cannot run because it detects an issue with QuickTime

When you try to solve different problems, it may be useful to determine if a problem affects a Windows user account specific or all accounts. Follow these steps to create a new user account in Windows XP:

1. From the menu Start. Choose Control Panel.
    2. Open User Accounts.
    3. Select Create new account and follow the instructions to complete the process of account setup.
    4. Once the new account is created, choose Close Session menu Start.
    5. Log on as the newly created user.
    6. Open iTunes and see if the problem you were experiencing persists in this new user.

Try deleting the files in iTunes Preferences. Some files that iTunes uses to store settings and preferences may be unusable and cause problems. iTunes includes two files containing the stored preferences. Move one of them to the office and see if the problem persists. If so, move it to its original location and remove the second folder. The location for both folders preferences: C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Local Settings\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes

Some viruses can stop various computer functions, including iTunes. Verify that an anti-virus with the latest virus definitions is present on your computer and use it to scan your system. If no software update available anti-virus, disable temporarily your anti-virus to see if this solves the problem of closure, blocking or opening iTunes.

Other programs and startup items can sometimes conflict with iTunes. Sometimes, a version of iTunes for Windows just installed does not open, although it is visible in Task Manager in Windows. This problem may be due to a configuration file to iTunes unusable. Removing configuration files unusable used by iTunes can solve the problems.