Thread: How to create and modify a label in Word?

How to create and modify a label in Word?

Hi everyone,
    I have recently started working with the MS Word, so I am not having much knowledge about it. When I was just going through my tutorials I found some notes about creating and modifying a custom labels in Word. But that was not enough for me to understand. So I thought to ask you since you guys explain very neatly.!! Please tell me how to create and modify a label in Word? Help me as soon as possible.!!
    The Gaming Machine:
    Processor: Core 2 Duo E6400
    Motherboard: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
    RAM: 2GB XMS2 Corsair PC2-6400
    Video: ATI Radeon X1900XT 512MB w/ Arctic Accellero
    Drive: 74GB "WD Raptor" 10000RPM
    Sound: Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi
    Watercooling: *Soon* Zalman Reserator

Re: How to create and modify a label in Word?

Microsoft Word provides several label products that you can use when you perform the following tasks :
    • Creating a Mail Merge (Tools menu, point to Letters and Mailings, and then click Mail Merge).
    • Creating a single page or full page of the same label (in the Tools menu, point to Letters and Mailings, and then click Envelopes and Labels).

However, your vendor specific tags or reference number label may not be available in Word. If your reference number label is not available in Word, you can create a custom label description for your label.

Re: How to create a custom label in Word?

I have provided you with the steps for creating a new custom label. The following steps are the same for that :
    1. In the Tools menu, point to Letters and Mailings, and then click Envelopes and Labels.
    2. On the Labels tab, click Options.
    3. Under Printer information, select your type of printer: dot matrix or laser and inkjet printers.
    4. Click New Label.
    5. In the Reference box label, type a name for your new custom label. Type the width and height accuracy of a label in the Height and Width of label to label, and the number of horizontal and vertical labels to a page in the areas Number of labels (horiz.) and No. labels (vert.). Perhaps you need to adjust the top margin and side margin and not the vertical and not horizontal.
    6. Click OK.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signatureto help him gain world domination

After you create a new custom label, there are chances of getting the following error message :
    • Margins, size and number of labels per row or column exceeds the size of the label sheet.

Click OK, then verify that the sum of the dimensions of your label and page margins are not higher than the current paper size. "Personalized" will be added at the end of the reference label to indicate that it is a custom label.

The following are the steps that can be useful for modifying an existing label :
    1. In the Tools menu, point to Letters and Mailings, and then click Envelopes and Labels.
    2. On the Labels tab, click Options.
    3. Under Printer information, select your type of printer: dot matrix or laser and inkjet printers.
    4. In the Product number list, select a label with dimensions closer to those of your custom label.
    5. Click Details.
    6. Make changes to the parameters height label, label width, Number of labels (horiz.) Number of labels (vert.), Top margin, margins side, not vertical, not horizontal size paper.
    7. In the Reference box label, enter a name for your custom label.

If the following error message appears, after modifying an existing label in Word :
    • Margins, size and number of labels per row or column exceeds the size of the label sheet.

then click OK, then verify that the sum of the dimensions of your label and page margins are not higher than the current paper size.